The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else think the new reward system from the gym is REALLY crap?

My Vaporeon just came back to me and I got a whole THREE coins...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Anyone else think the new reward system from the gym is REALLY crap?

My Vaporeon just came back to me and I got a whole THREE coins...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've changed it again so that you earn a coin every 10 minutes with a daily max of 50 coins you can collect.
Well, just took part in my first ever raid and got a 1500 and something CP Muk. =l

Also got a fast move TM, will save for the dratini I have and hopefully NOT need it!

Hatched a 96% IV dratini yesterday. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you receive coins from the new gym system?
My Espeon has been in the gym for over over 24 hours and no reward yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, I am thinking of using my fast TM on Tyrannitar because it has an iron tail and stone edge moveset with 95% IVs.

Yes or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, just took part in my first ever raid and got a 1500 and something CP Muk. =l

Also got a fast move TM, will save for the dratini I have and hopefully NOT need it!

Hatched a 96% IV dratini yesterday. =l

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on the 96% Dratini surely?

Yea you catch whatever you beat in the raid. Raids are starred one to four stars which determine difficulty and what you will catch.

How do you receive coins from the new gym system?
My Espeon has been in the gym for over over 24 hours and no reward yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You get coins when pokemon are returned from gyms. You earn 1 coin every 10 minutes but you can only get a maximum of 50 coins per day so having multiple pokemon return on the same day probably isn't great!

Guys, I am thinking of using my fast TM on Tyrannitar because it has an iron tail and stone edge moveset with 95% IVs.

Yes or no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well moves roll to whatever other moves they can currently have. So you're Tyranitar would change from Iron Tail to Bite. I think Bite/Stone Edge is the best combination?
I hit a Pokestop on a 7 day streak for the first time in ages.

Another sodding Dragon Scale :mad:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I hit a Pokestop on a 7 day streak for the first time in ages.

Another sodding Dragon Scale :mad:

What are you missing?

I've got everything now but my spread was:

6x Sun Stone
13x Kings Rock
4x Metal Coat
10 x Dragon Scale
5x Upgrade
I haven't been able to log in for about 6 days now because of some unable to authenticate with the Pokemon trainer club login...
If I had 4-5 people with me, I reckon I could have done this.
Tried solo, no surprise it didn't work...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1498575564.959463.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I finally figured why I wasn't able to log on. I thought I was banned or my account had been hacked but it turns out updating my phone solved it straight away. 1 whole wasted week :lol:
If I had 4-5 people with me, I reckon I could have done this.
Tried solo, no surprise it didn't work...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1498575564.959463.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. Feedback seems to be that a person can solo a level 1 or 2 raid. Some level 3 raids might be possible if a weak monster. Once you hit level 4, you do need 5-6 people.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Welcome to the Pokemon Go official thread.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!
:pika:***Updates***

POKEMON GO IS RELEASED IN THE UK :YAY:

[*]

A modified version of the APK infected with malware has been found. So if you've downloaded from outside an official app store, it's worth double checking your version just to be safe :smile: Although word is APKmirror is likely secure.

Share your favourite images from the game & your own screenshots :excited:

Icebreaker: What's your starter pokemon?!
What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?
What team have you chosen?

pokemon gogo before you yoyo
Rememeber
po ka mon go to the poles
Trying to re-install this after getting rid of it for exams, but unable to get it to work :sigh:

If any of you lot whom are still playing are about, is it worth trying to get it to work? [honestly tho lol]
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Trying to re-install this after getting rid of it for exams, but unable to get it to work :sigh:

If any of you lot whom are still playing are about, is it worth trying to get it to work? [honestly tho lol]

Yeah. They added raids. (A bit like on the trailer when it was that mewtwo battle)
I still try to go on it most days.

However you get one raid pass a day, unless you want to pay for more.
Its quite hard to do when the suggested amount of players is 17 and only like 2 or 3 people turn up including yourself.

Also as for gyms, im my area there are hardly any gyms for the team im in.

Download it if you are in team instinct, otherwise don't

what team are you in?
Original post by Kholmes1
Yeah. They added raids. (A bit like on the trailer when it was that mewtwo battle)
I still try to go on it most days.

However you get one raid pass a day, unless you want to pay for more.
Its quite hard to do when the suggested amount of players is 17 and only like 2 or 3 people turn up including yourself.

Also as for gyms, im my area there are hardly any gyms for the team im in.

Download it if you are in team instinct, otherwise don't

what team are you in?

What are raids? :s-smilie:

I am in team instinct :five:
Thanks for the reply, re-installing it but it didn't work last time so :/
What are raids? :s-smilie:

I am in team instinct :five:
Thanks for the reply, re-installing it but it didn't work last time so :/

If you saw the original trailer, when there was loads of people teaming up to battle and catch a mewtwo, its a bit like that. So theres like a boss pokemon with high health. 4 different levels atm. level 1 is like a magikarp or something. Which you will probably be able to do solo.

Level 4 raids are either fully evolved pokemon (starters) or tyranitar or something. Look up the list. I tried to do one a few days ago, there was only 2 people. So we stood no chance. It says the suggested amount of players for a level 4 is 17, but depending on your level should be able to do it with 10.

Theres an event in Chicago,where I believe they will do level 5 raids which is going to be a legendary.

After/if you beat the pokemon you are then given some special pokeballs where you have a chance to catch it. (Haven't got that far yet. No one is turning up.)
Original post by Kholmes1
If you saw the original trailer, when there was loads of people teaming up to battle and catch a mewtwo, its a bit like that. So theres like a boss pokemon with high health. 4 different levels atm. level 1 is like a magikarp or something. Which you will probably be able to do solo.

Level 4 raids are either fully evolved pokemon (starters) or tyranitar or something. Look up the list. I tried to do one a few days ago, there was only 2 people. So we stood no chance. It says the suggested amount of players for a level 4 is 17, but depending on your level should be able to do it with 10.

Theres an event in Chicago,where I believe they will do level 5 raids which is going to be a legendary.

After/if you beat the pokemon you are then given some special pokeballs where you have a chance to catch it. (Haven't got that far yet. No one is turning up.)

No I don't understand? So is it like battling a very high CP Pokemon but with another person simultaneously somewhere? :K:
No I don't understand? So is it like battling a very high CP Pokemon but with another person simultaneously somewhere? :K:

I guess so yeah. Up to 20 people.

On the map thing, where it shows what pokemon are nearby it will also show nearby raids.

It will usually tell you two hours in advance. So if its far way you have 2 hours to get ready and get there. When it starts you have an hour to beat it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sj2iQyBTQs

skip to the 2 minute marker. Its a little bit like that (maybe not on that scale as at the moment the limit is 20 players.)

Quick Reply

Latest