The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dante991
is anyone here from London? I really want to catch Raikou/Entei but I can't take it down myself, how can I know when people meet up for raids?

also, what's the best way to grind stardust?

See if there's a Facebook group for your area.
Or if not discord. I know there's a few discord seever for London. But I'm not sure which parts.

Or if you have a lot of time wait outside a raid when it starts and see if anyone turns up if they do ask if you can join them for raids.
That feeling you get when you go to sleep and wake up 100 coins richer. =)

Someone knocked out the Snorlax I had on campus at about 11:40pm last night and bang on exactly midnght, someone knocked out the Blissey I placed in the MOD. Just can't tell if that person was deliberately being nice and waited until midnight or I just got lucky... :s-smilie:
Original post by Scienceisgood
That feeling you get when you go to sleep and wake up 100 coins richer. =)

Someone knocked out the Snorlax I had on campus at about 11:40pm last night and bang on exactly midnght, someone knocked out the Blissey I placed in the MOD. Just can't tell if that person was deliberately being nice and waited until midnight or I just got lucky... :s-smilie:

Haha it is a nice feeling. I took your advice and have saved up around 1600 coins now. Just need some discounted storage to hit!

I think everyone is assuming Thanksgiving event will be double XP so I'm trying to save up as many evolutions as possible. Have about 250 so far. Might need to increase my storage once or twice to carry on hoarding..

Ordered a Gotcha (third party like PoGo+) since weather is too cold to wander around with phone out. Should arrive some time this week.
Guys, has anyone noticed a spike in the number of 10k eggs?
3 of the 4 eggs I received today have been 10k eggs...
Guys, has anyone noticed a spike in the number of 10k eggs?
3 of the 4 eggs I received today have been 10k eggs...

No I've not had any for a couple of weeks.

I didn't hatch my 10k eggs from Equinox event until recently. Turned out to be a Miltank and 2x Snorlax. Could've done with hatching the latter during the double candy event!

Caught a 100% Machop yesterday. Annoyingly it's only level 7..
Caught a 100% Raikou!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Still playing? What do you make of this event?
Original post by Zerforax
Still playing? What do you make of this event?

Yes I still play, not nearly as much as I used to (who does?) but still. =l
I think Niantic are a little bit optimistic about getting to the 3 billion mark... I think the player base will get to about 2.5 billion and that's about it...

Nice idea though. Although I do think Niantic will lower the 3 billion catch benchmark for Farfetch'd...
Yes I still play, not nearly as much as I used to (who does?) but still. =l
I think Niantic are a little bit optimistic about getting to the 3 billion mark... I think the player base will get to about 2.5 billion and that's about it...

Nice idea though. Although I do think Niantic will lower the 3 billion catch benchmark for Farfetch'd...

I've been a bit more active as I got a Gotcha so picking up more catches/stardust/XP.

Tbh I think we'll hit 3bil (no doubt they looked at average numbers to work out what was achievable). Should get halfway by tomorrow and then people will catch more as double stardust will come into play. Also at the weekend some people will put in big sessions.
Original post by Zerforax
Caught a 100% Raikou!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Nice.
Just thought I'd ask if you have noticed a significant increase in raid catch rates lately?

Done 5 (or 6) raids today and got a 100% catch rate?
Caught a 96% IV Raikou though. 😄
Nice.
Just thought I'd ask if you have noticed a significant increase in raid catch rates lately?

Done 5 (or 6) raids today and got a 100% catch rate?
Caught a 96% IV Raikou though. 😄

Not that I've noticed. I guess lucky streaks go both ways? Were they all Raikou raids? I always find people underestimate how many balls they have. So they'll complain about doing 10 raids and not catching a lot. I regularly raid with an Instinct group so will usually have between 10-14 balls per raid (most of the time we turn the gym yellow too). So I think my catch rate is higher because of that (caught 20 out of 25 Raikou).

Great catch on that Raikou! It's a great electric attacker (I powered mine to level 30 and have been using) with thunder shock and wild charge.

The increased spawns are nuts.. I've been using my Gotcha and stuff spawns faster than I pick up pokeballs (Gotcha uses one red pokeball per pokemon - it either catches or flees).

Hit level 37 last night which I'm pleased with. Hoping to make a bit of headway towards level 38..

I hope there is a break after this.. getting a bit of PoGo fatigue!
Well guys, I know what I'm doing this weekend.

HO-OH! XD

HO-OH! XD

Annoying that Raikou still here too so you don't know what the egg hatch will be. Has great CP but not double fire moves so doubt I will power one up..

HO-OH! XD

Did you catch a ho-oh yet? I've got 3 but none are particularly good.

How was the event? I made 2.9mil XP and 450k stardust so I'm pretty pleased :biggrin:
I managed to catch only 1 because I made my way into town on Friday and have only done one Ho-Oh raid (2202CP with perfect perfect Attack), which I believe was a 91%? IV one with Steel Wing and Bravebird as its moveset.

Will be making my way out again at the weekend to try my luck again. Exp wise, nothing great. Just burned through raids with some lucky eggs on. 😐
I managed to catch only 1 because I made my way into town on Friday and have only done one Ho-Oh raid (2202CP with perfect perfect Attack), which I believe was a 91%? IV one with Steel Wing and Bravebird as its moveset.

Will be making my way out again at the weekend to try my luck again. Exp wise, nothing great. Just burned through raids with some lucky eggs on. 😐

Ah far enough. I've got a 91% as my best now but it's best stat is HP.. tbh mainly do the level 5 raids for the XP!

It sounds like Ho-oh is going to get extended but Niantic haven't confirmed by how long yet.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey

Welcome to the Pokemon Go official thread.
A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!
:pika:***Updates***

POKEMON GO IS RELEASED IN THE UK :YAY:

[*]

A modified version of the APK infected with malware has been found. So if you've downloaded from outside an official app store, it's worth double checking your version just to be safe :smile: Although word is APKmirror is likely secure.

Share your favourite images from the game & your own screenshots :excited:

Icebreaker: What's your starter pokemon?!
What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?
What team have you chosen?

Hello :smile: Been a while since I've been on here, so a neat little icebreaker indeed :cute:

Icebreaker: What's your starter pokemon?!

Charmander :suith:

What's the rarest pokemon you've caught so far?

To be honest

I actually have no idea lol :lol:

What team have you chosen?

Team Instinct! :pika:

And also, my 3 strongest Pokémon are Houndoom, Cloyster and Pidgeot :biggrin: I also have 4 Halloween Pikachu and I love all of my Pokémon, particularly hatching them :lovie: I also like defending Instinct gyms with them and giving them treats! I once got an Ivysaur from a Raid and it was awesome! It's a fun game :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Guys, is plussle a region exclusive?
Only ever see minuns?
Guys, is plussle a region exclusive?
Only ever see minuns?

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/08/pokemon-go-new-regional-pokemon-plusle-minun/

It certainly seems so. Bit of a daft move IMO.
can you battle random people yet?

imo it should be like the handheld games where you just go and randomly battle random trainers...

I don't know why they didn't originally make it like this.

Quick Reply

Latest