The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Level 7 now, tried to battle earlier - had no idea what I'm doing - my highest Pokemon is still only 200cp - need to get it higher to have a chance!!*
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
Level 7 now, tried to battle earlier - had no idea what I'm doing - my highest Pokemon is still only 200cp - need to get it higher to have a chance!!*

Evolve for levels and better cp

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 722
I'm beginning to really dislike the gyarados loading screen. Especially when the loading bar gets stuck at a third...
Original post by Aula
I'm beginning to really dislike the gyarados loading screen. Especially when the loading bar gets stuck at a third...

Yeah, that means the server is down usually, the last two games it's been pretty inconsistent.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Evolve for levels and better cp

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can never seem to get enough candies for the Pokemon I want to evolve - my town is full of pidgeys haha - I am forming a pidgey army!*
Original post by Aula

You'd think they'd have more than one loading screen...
It would mean that we could at least have some variety with this game, as opposed to it just never loading...
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I can never seem to get enough candies for the Pokemon I want to evolve - my town is full of pidgeys haha - I am forming a pidgey army!*

Then evolve podgeys, xp is xp.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I find worrying that even now at midnight I cannot connect, that implies that European servers are being used to handle US traffic, I suppose that also explains why it is so slow normally, there is a good chance you're on servers on other continents

Posted from TSR Mobile
anybody else experienced catching a pokemon in the wild only for the pokeball caught screen to freeze
I.e game glitch. :shot:

Happened to me after walking for a solid hour came across 4 pokemons caught all 4 but 3/4 = game glitched. :shot:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
anybody else experienced catching a pokemon in the wild only for the pokeball caught screen to freeze
I.e game glitch. :shot:

Happened to me after walking for a solid hour came across 4 pokemons caught all 4 but 3/4 = game glitched. :shot:

Same and the footstep thingy is glitchy too.
What is the highest level on Pokemon GO?

I saw on twitter the rewards for lvl30 :rolleyes: and here I am lvl6. :frown:
Server was down every time I went out this weekend :bawling:

But I just had an amazing walk to work and got a jigglypuff and a squirtle :love:
Original post by Jammy Duel
I find worrying that even now at midnight I cannot connect, that implies that European servers are being used to handle US traffic, I suppose that also explains why it is so slow normally, there is a good chance you're on servers on other continents

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought Europe was being hosted on the US servers :frown: That's why there's so many problems.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I thought Europe was being hosted on the US servers :frown: That's why there's so many problems.

Whatever the case may be, it's transcontinental usage. I find that even more worrying though, not having Europe based servers given demand will likely be at least as high in the service area than in North America

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What is the highest level on Pokemon GO?

I saw on twitter the rewards for lvl30 :rolleyes: and here I am lvl6. :frown:

I would image there is no realistic cap, probably goes to a level at which it breaks, so depending on how it does things if we assume 32 bit then you're looking about level 2000 or 2m, not that anybody will get anywhere near that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please explain to me how gyms work? :colondollar: I don't get it at all. Does battling your pokemon make them stronger?
Can someone please explain to me how gyms work? :colondollar: I don't get it at all. Does battling your pokemon make them stronger?

If you have left a Pokemon to protect a gym you can get 10coins once a day. Every 20-24 hours, not sure exactly.

Your Pokemon does not get stronger but if you defeat enemy gym Pokemon you get exp and lower their prestige. More prestige, more Pokemon can be left there so less prestige, less Pokemon you need to defeat to take it over.

Now if the gym is your colour you can fight the Pokemon left there. If you defeat one, you raise the gym prestige allowing more Pokemon to be left there. If there is a free space, you can leave your Pokemon there to protect the gym. And, as I've said at the start, get coins for it.

A gym can hold 3 Pokemon by default. If you attack a gym of your own teams colour and win, you raise the prestige. You can then add a Pokemon of your own to the gym to gain stardust if you get this high enough. *

If you win against a gym of a different colour, you lower the prestige. The weakest Pokemon is then removed from the gym if this drops enough.

This means that you may have to win lots of battles if you want to put your own Pokemon in the gym. You can get stardust when you do this but your Pokemon won't get stronger as a direct result of winning.

Edit: too slow 😄.
*I would add not to collect coins in the store straight away when the 21 hours are up. Take over more gyms if you can and then collect the coins.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 738
You can collect the coins as soon as you place a Pokemon - given how quick the turnover can be it's probably worth doing that and not waiting for 21 hours!
When you see the poll results and this fits perfectly...

Quick Reply

Latest