The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

When and how do you get Great and Ultra Balls?
Original post by helpmekid

You get great at level 12 and ultra at 20, just at pokestops :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1022
Last night, I was hunting pokemons. I found the rare "Lost Dog" Pokemon, and it's now been reunited with its owner
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Juno
Last night, I was hunting pokemons. I found the rare "Lost Dog" Pokemon, and it's now been reunited with its owner

Ahem, it's pokemon, or do you also go looking for sheeps?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1024
Original post by Jammy Duel
Ahem, it's pokemon, or do you also go looking for sheeps?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:confused: I didn't know there was a sheeps pokemon.
Found a gym in the middle of nowhere and have wiped out the team holding and popped one of my littluns in.

The gyms near home seem to have a ridiculously quick turnaround time. Hoping that the isolation of this place means I can hold it for a decent amount of time and get some payoff.
Reply 1027
Original post by PQ
Found a gym in the middle of nowhere and have wiped out the team holding and popped one of my littluns in.

The gyms near home seem to have a ridiculously quick turnaround time. Hoping that the isolation of this place means I can hold it for a decent amount of time and get some payoff.

You can claim as soon as you've won the gym!

You can only claim once every 21 hours, so if you hold multiple gyms then it can be worth waiting, but if it's the only one then there's not too much point.
Original post by Aula
You can claim as soon as you've won the gym!

You can only claim once every 21 hours, so if you hold multiple gyms then it can be worth waiting, but if it's the only one then there's not too much point.

Wish I'd realised this earlier. I've placed pokemon in friendly gyms before but didn't claim.

I have high hopes that this place is so remote (and inhabited by very old people) that there's a chance my 650cp pigeon will last the night or even the weekend.
Don't really get the gyms... sometime's at my team's gym i have the option to station one of my own there, but often the only option avail is to fight. Why is it that i can't place one of my own at a gym? i want to show off my glorious magikarp!
Original post by Arima
Don't really get the gyms... sometime's at my team's gym i have the option to station one of my own there, but often the only option avail is to fight. Why is it that i can't place one of my own at a gym? i want to show off my glorious magikarp!

The gyms have a certain number of spaces available depending on the gym prestige. So if it's full you can fight the Pokemon there to show the team has stronger members and raise the prestige which opens up more spaces.
Original post by helpmekid

level up and then you can get them
Just turned level 18 today (using my dad's phone, as my ridiculously low data contract faded 5 days ago) still making good progress though.
I swear there's a hot spot for squirtles around Town in my area. Got on the bus to go into town and found a couple of squirtles in the same place.

The first one got away from me (Level 112) but caught the second one which was level 130 something. =D

I know where to go now to find me some squirtles. :biggrin:
Hi all!
I just downloaded Pokemon go and it is not allowing me to use any usernames when I sign up.
Literally how many people have the same middle names and first name as me and happen to also have been born in 1999?
And how can my random nicknames also be taken? It just doesn't make sense. I know it's the most downloaded app ever but this is odd.
Is this a glitch?
If so how can I fix it?
Original post by Devify
The gyms have a certain number of spaces available depending on the gym prestige. So if it's full you can fight the Pokemon there to show the team has stronger members and raise the prestige which opens up more spaces.

ohh, it makes sense now, thanks!
Original post by PQ
The gyms near home seem to have a ridiculously quick turnaround time

I've found that to be the case everywhere. Gyms are too easy to take, and there's little to no reward for levelling one up and defending it.

Gyms will be important to the long term success of the game I feel, and I love the idea of them. Taking them with friends can be fun. But currently they don't seem worth the time and effort, so I hope they fix that somehow.

It would be great if a friendly gym acted as a temporary lure or Pokestop for fellow team members, or if you could earn small amounts of XP from your Pokemon defeating challengers (this would give more incentive for people to leave their strongest Pokemon)
Guys, need to ask a couple of questions;

1. Whenever I find a Horsea, it is ALWAYS level 10 (caught 3 so far), is this normal or just REALLY bad luck?
2. Are starters (Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Pikachu) just difficult to catch? Was on the bus yesterday and came across a level 114 Squirtle and I used like 6 Pokeballs and 3 berries before it got up and disappeared but caught a level 470 Hypno with only 1 Pokeball and no berries at all.
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Hi all!
I just downloaded Pokemon go and it is not allowing me to use any usernames when I sign up.
Literally how many people have the same middle names and first name as me and happen to also have been born in 1999?
And how can my random nicknames also be taken? It just doesn't make sense. I know it's the most downloaded app ever but this is odd.
Is this a glitch?
If so how can I fix it?

I tried EVERYTHING to get something that was similar to my name and got nothing.
So, in the end I just stuck with TheOne[Insert Forename Here]

So, just do something different.
Also, any ideas on how to beat a level 6 gym guys? There's a team Valor gym at the end of my village which is that level and I'm only level 9...
Am saving a load of candies though for a lot of evolutions... (also have a lucky egg)
Original post by Scienceisgood
I tried EVERYTHING to get something that was similar to my name and got nothing.
So, in the end I just stuck with TheOne[Insert Forename Here]

So, just do something different.
Also, any ideas on how to beat a level 6 gym guys? There's a team Valor gym at the end of my village which is that level and I'm only level 9...
Am saving a load of candies though for a lot of evolutions... (also have a lucky egg)

Ah thanks! I'll keep trying then!
My name is pretty uncommon ( I use my middle name on this app for easiness ) so I'm really surprised there are so many other people with my name that could have taken it! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest