Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I heard Coventry is really diverse and im worried i wont fit in !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Coventry is quite diverse, although unfortunately there are still too many white people around - 38% of new students are white

http://www.coventry.ac.uk/Global/06%...nts2014-15.pdf
    38% isnt a lot. Thats less than half .

ReputationRep:
    I go to Coventry uni and I would say the majority of the students there are either black or white and then the minority is Asian-Indian/ Chinese etc

ReputationRep:
    Theres a large white population which sticks to the main halls like Victoria, Liberty and Singer and then theres the black population which is mainly in Callice court. When I was there (my first year), everyone got on really well. I don't know about the Indian and Chinese populations, but I know that everyone else were all fine.

ReputationRep:
    I drive along the main road fairly regularly near the roundabout and I always see a lot of black and Chinese students. Just be careful of hillfields and the various characters who will attempt to......solicit you...

ReputationRep:
    It is diverse but it's definitely a positive thing. I don't know anyone at the university (I'm a 3rd year) who has found this to be negative.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 24, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.