Which chambers offer mini pupillage before the GDL? Watch

hockeyjoe
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I honestly can't fine any, most are saying that minis will be useless unless you've started your legal education.*
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know for sure that Falcon do because I was on a mini-pupillage there with someone who had not started the GDL at the time. Looking around the websites of the other sets where I did a mini (mostly commercial / chancery), quite a few of them don't say anything one way or the other about whether you need to have started the GDL.
Crazy Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've actually never heard of a Chambers having a requirement for mini pupils to have started their 'legal education'. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but my understanding was that the general requirement was that mini pupils must have started an undergraduate degree. I've certainly had a number of mini pupils with me over the years who were studying degrees other than law. I've just quickly searched some random Chambers in Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham and I haven't come across a specific requirement that applicants have to be studying or have studied a qualifying law degree.*
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Crazy Jamie)
I've actually never heard of a Chambers having a requirement for mini pupils to have started their 'legal education'. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but my understanding was that the general requirement was that mini pupils must have started an undergraduate degree. I've certainly had a number of mini pupils with me over the years who were studying degrees other than law. I've just quickly searched some random Chambers in Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham and I haven't come across a specific requirement that applicants have to be studying or have studied a qualifying law degree.*
Check London commercial sets and you will see that it is a reasonably common requirement (though not by any means universal).
Crazy Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Forum User)
Check London commercial sets and you will see that it is a reasonably common requirement (though not by any means universal).
I suspected it would be a London feature, that being the one area geographically that I have little to no experience of. **
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should Banksy be put in prison?

Yes (247)
14.59%
No (1446)
85.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise