Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which chambers offer mini pupillage before the GDL? watch

ReputationRep:
    I honestly can't fine any, most are saying that minis will be useless unless you've started your legal education.*

ReputationRep:
    I know for sure that Falcon do because I was on a mini-pupillage there with someone who had not started the GDL at the time. Looking around the websites of the other sets where I did a mini (mostly commercial / chancery), quite a few of them don't say anything one way or the other about whether you need to have started the GDL.

ReputationRep:
    I've actually never heard of a Chambers having a requirement for mini pupils to have started their 'legal education'. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but my understanding was that the general requirement was that mini pupils must have started an undergraduate degree. I've certainly had a number of mini pupils with me over the years who were studying degrees other than law. I've just quickly searched some random Chambers in Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham and I haven't come across a specific requirement that applicants have to be studying or have studied a qualifying law degree.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Jamie)
    I've actually never heard of a Chambers having a requirement for mini pupils to have started their 'legal education'. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but my understanding was that the general requirement was that mini pupils must have started an undergraduate degree. I've certainly had a number of mini pupils with me over the years who were studying degrees other than law. I've just quickly searched some random Chambers in Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds and Birmingham and I haven't come across a specific requirement that applicants have to be studying or have studied a qualifying law degree.*
    Check London commercial sets and you will see that it is a reasonably common requirement (though not by any means universal).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    Check London commercial sets and you will see that it is a reasonably common requirement (though not by any means universal).
    I suspected it would be a London feature, that being the one area geographically that I have little to no experience of. **

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.