The Student Room Group

Donald Trump Is Better Than Hillary Clinton

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
You think? Would you say it's okay to discriminate against fascists or racists?

No, not at all.
Original post by ByEeek
Is this a troll? Racism is where you discriminate against an individual or group on the basis of race. So to say that you want to ban all Muslims from entering the US is racist. If that is a mere vocalisation of what many people are thinking, then many people are racist. If you are condoning what he is saying, then you are racist.

Some terrorists are Muslims. Other terrorists are called Tony Blair and George Bush. It all depends on where you stand. But at the end of the day, discriminating against all white people because of these eejits or discriminating against all Muslims because of their perceived links to terrorism is both wrong, misguided and counterproductive. It is the sort of terrifying populism that saw the rise of Hitler.

Crap. Muslims aren't a race and anyone or any country has the right to self defense. When 60% of American muslims feel a greater allegiance to islam than to the U.S. gov., 30% feel honor killings are OK, then many Americans are choosing to exercise their right to self defense and keep this obvious threat from entering the country. Are some muslims going to be wrongly denied entry? Of course. For me take this position is a compromise to my principals but in the real world you can'f apply all of your principals all the time in every situation.
Original post by oldercon1953
Crap. Muslims aren't a race and anyone or any country has the right to self defense. When 60% of American muslims feel a greater allegiance to islam than to the U.S. gov., 30% feel honor killings are OK, then many Americans are choosing to exercise their right to self defense and keep this obvious threat from entering the country. Are some muslims going to be wrongly denied entry? Of course. For me take this position is a compromise to my principals but in the real world you can'f apply all of your principals all the time in every situation.

So if this is about principals, presumably you wouldn't have a problem if I called for people like yourself to be banned from a country due to your lack of acceptance of people who are a bit different to you?

What you have written above is a sure say to civil unrest and even war.
Reply 23
Original post by Adamski191
I literally just stopped supporting Clinton after the whole corruption scandal (which is weird because I'm British) but I wouldn't support Trump in a million years. He IS racist (what is he gonna do to stop these racial tensions in America? NOTHING!), and he makes out as though he's a man of the people, even though he started out with a 'small' loan of one million dollars, and he's also Islamophobic because he wants to ban Muslims from America (I assume he wants all of them out of America as well) and not only that, he'll probably make the whole situation with Russia even worse than it already is.

What has Obama done to stop racial tension? He has made things worse.
He is. I voted for Ted Cruz in the primaries (Cruz reminds me of Reagan, sort of), but I'll end up voting for Trump in a vain hope of keeping Hillary out.

I don't think he can win, though. Too many Republicans are unwilling to vote for him, and he's angered too many minorities.

Not the best choice in the world, though... crooked businessman or crooked politician?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ByEeek
So if this is about principals, presumably you wouldn't have a problem if I called for people like yourself to be banned from a country due to your lack of acceptance of people who are a bit different to you?

What you have written above is a sure say to civil unrest and even war.

Are you on drugs? "....people who are a BIT different from you" ???? I'm sorry but John Lennon was mistaken when he said people are the same where ever you go. Do you read these comments your fellow countrymen, ( I;m assuming your a Brit, ) post here? Are they all mistaken when they point out the differences in Western culture and how even our basic core values are at odds with Islam? I'm not going to list the differences, you've read them a million times. I'm not talking about the very radical ones. I mean your average everyday muslim.
Here's a news flash; NO ONE has a RIGHT to come here!

" ....a sure way to civil unrest and even war." Psssst, we're already at war with them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by galaxyruler
Clinton's a manipulative liar and a hypocrite but at least she doesn't encourage violent racism. She's awful but imo the obvious choice in the face of the competition. I'd have preferred Sanders but you can't have everything.

Depends if you want your oppression institutionalised or blatant

Trump hasn't even said anything racist. He never said Mexicans are rapists and murderers. He said Mexico is sending us their murderers and rapists.
Here's something to help you all sleep better tonight; 5 months to go till the election and Trump is closing the gap in the polls ,even in Florida where ""Crooked Hilary" held a substantial lead.
They're both equally ****. South Park is essentially playing out in real life. It's an election between a douche and a turd. At this point it doesn't matter who wins. America's next leader will be awful.
Original post by oldercon1953
Are they all mistaken when they point out the differences in Western culture and how even our basic core values are at odds with Islam?

That certainly doesn't resonate with any of the experiences I have had with friends, acquaintances and people I have met, who also happen to be Muslim. I would say I have more in common with those people than I have the sort of people you might find on a Britain First march.
Original post by ByEeek
That certainly doesn't resonate with any of the experiences I have had with friends, acquaintances and people I have met, who also happen to be Muslim. I would say I have more in common with those people than I have the sort of people you might find on a Britain First march.

I don't know anything about you so your comment doesn't tell me anything. You may be a muslim or a wannabe. Not impressed. Now, tell me your a ventriloquist with a muhammed puppet doing shows on the streets of London then joining your buds at the local mosque on Bring A Friend Night and I would be impressed.
As it is all I can say is I wish you would have addressed some of the other issues I mentioned in my post

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending