Asif Azmain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm an IAL student. I am confused with general maths, further maths and pure maths and all their units. I'm not sure which one to take and what is necessary. Well after some research I've decided to take C12, C34,M1.S1 from general maths course and F1 and F2 from pure mathmatics. To be honest, I am not feeling confident about my decision, It would be really helpful if somebody review this. Thank you,
SenpaiKush
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, are you an AS level student or A2 level student?

Choices depend massively and differ a lot on difficulty.

F1 and F2 are further math modules, and I suggest you do only FP1 at AS. I'm not really confident with the IAL specification but I'm pretty sure with this as I'm doing the original AS specification from edexcel.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Asif Azmain)
Hi, I'm an IAL student. I am confused with general maths, further maths and pure maths and all their units. I'm not sure which one to take and what is necessary. Well after some research I've decided to take C12, C34,M1.S1 from general maths course and F1 and F2 from pure mathmatics. To be honest, I am not feeling confident about my decision, It would be really helpful if somebody review this. Thank you,
That combination would give you one A level plus two spare exam results that don't make a qualification

It will not give you an A level in maths and an A level in pure maths as you can only count C12 and C34 once.

If you want more than one qualification from your maths study then you need units to give you an A level in maths plus 3 units including F1 to make up an AS in further maths or 6 units for a full A level in it. The specification makes clear what the allowed combinations are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (31)
37.35%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (9)
10.84%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
4.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (23)
27.71%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (10)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (6)
7.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed