Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Let me know what you think of this, please

So I was really drunk and made out with this guy on a night out in which I also lost my keys and my friends.

Then, not thinking anything of it when to make out with this guy at his flat also, where he was asking me to take my clothes and I was being hesitant, but told me I had to do something and it wouldn't matter, again not thinking of the consequences and said I wasn't going to have sex because I'm a virgin yet he took my skirt off and I carried on kissing him.

Next, he was lying on top of me and kissing, but I kept feeling his hands go down on me and found him forceful, so told him to stop and just kiss me. I had to say this a few times before he stopped, but then when he started kissing me again he tried getting in me. This happened a couple of times: kissing and him trying to have sex with me, me stopping, then kissing again. It got to a point where I kept saying stop, and he left me alone and said sorry, yet saying we having to do something still, but then I said I'm going sleep.

The worst thing, I woke up thinking I didn't do anything and that I might actually like him. This didn't play on my mind at all, and the fact that we didn't have sex kept my thoughts away.

But, a few months later I found out he was telling his friends we were 'dry humping', even though I put a stop to this, which made realise I was taken advantage of. :/

ReputationRep:
    He didn't penetrate you so not rape. Stop making stuff up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it too much ,
    I understand how you feel and why people would do that , they just want attention and make up stuff to sound interesting , he made you look bad in a way because you did not do that , however you was not comfortable with it , so you told him no , it was the right decision because no means no.
    But don't worry you will find someone who truly cares for you and will not force you or for them to get inside of you .

ReputationRep:
    He should have stopped 100% and the fact he made stuff up for attention further proves what a git he is.

(Original post by SMEGGGY)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did she say it was rape? Has she said anything that suggests she made anything up? get out mate

It sounds a lot like sexual assault. I suggest keeping away from him tbh
    Good luck finding someone who truly cares for you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are probably one of those numb skulls who cannot comprehend the simple concept of boundaries. Yes, there was no penetration but if you continue to initiate any sort of sexual contact after being told no you are sexually assaulting someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHINee1998)
    You are probably one of those numb skulls who cannot comprehend the simple concept of boundaries. Yes, there was no penetration but if you continue to initiate any sort of sexual contact after being told no you are sexually assaulting someone.
    But she did continue kissing him, why didn't she stop all types of sexual contact if she was getting "sexually assaulted"? If she wanted to continue kissing, he may have thought that she wanted more fore play or something - could she have mislead him? In this case, it isn't sexual assault..

If she told him to just kiss her and he didn't 'just' kiss her, it's assault...
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    You put yourself in that situation.
    You went along with it.
    You felt comfortable enough to go with him.
    You felt ok to sleep there.

Some boys arent always going to stop when you ask them to because they have messed up thinking. Dont put yourself in questionable sitiations and when they threaten, then remove yourself.

At some point you need to take some repsonibility.

You should have left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    But she did continue kissing him, why didn't she stop all types of sexual contact if she was getting "sexually assaulted"? If she wanted to continue kissing, he may have thought that she wanted more fore play or something - could she have mislead him? In this case, it isn't sexual assault..
    Its pretty simple. You can give consent to certain acts and refuse to engage in what you feel uncomfortable with. For instance, a person can consent to oral sex but refuse penetration - if their partner continues to attempt penetration despite being told: "no, I do not want to" then that is sexual assault.

In this instance she consented to kissing not his attempts to initiate further sexual contact.. I am not sure if I am making sense.

ReputationRep:
    This is typical of the unpleasant mess that sexual attraction and drunkeness can turn in to. His behaviour doesn't sound very nice, but guys judgement and perception gets affected by alcohol too. I would judge this as a learning experience rather than a crime.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by SHINee1998)
    Its pretty simple. You can give consent to certain acts and refuse to engage in what you feel uncomfortable with. For instance, a person can consent to oral sex but refuse penetration - if their partner continues to attempt penetration despite being told: "no, I do not want to" then that is sexual assault.

In this instance she consented to kissing not his attempts to initiate further sexual contact.. I am not sure if I am making sense.
    She did take her skirt off? Was it hot?
    She did sleep there.
    No means no, but common sense should prevent you putting yourself in compromising situations, which could have avoided the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hey you are lucky he was not more forceful (not victim blaming) I would say in future don't go back with a guy or bring a guy to yours unless you want to sleep with him as a lot of guys will take it as tacit that that is what's gonna happen.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.