Turn on thread page Beta

Luka's bucket list for the Summer watch

ReputationRep:
    So, as I've just finished GCSEs, I want this Summer to be productive whilst also giving me a break I'd like to make some progress in my future aspirations, make some new memories and maintain a strong positive attitude.

Here's a few ideas that I want to make happen this summer:

KEY- Not done yet=:stomp:

In progress=:innocent:

Completed=:jive:

-Make some money , for college and my holiday to Hong Kong in November=:innocent:
    -Have something of mine appreciated/recognised, for example having some of my photography displayed=:jive:
    Update #1- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...24&postcount=7
    -get at least 10 photos that I'm proud to have taken=:stomp:
    -volunteer for St Wilfrid's, in order to help those who need it and give me valuable work experience for medical school=:innocent:
    Update #1- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...50&postcount=4
    Update #2- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6&postcount=15
    -watch the sunset with someone =:stomp:
    -have ice cream for dinner, whilst watching a good film on Netflix=:stomp:
    -enter some photos into the local exhibition=:innocent:
    -push myself to try something new=:stomp:
    -run 10 miles=:innocent:
    -sort out my Spotify premium subscription which isn't working = :jive:yay!
    -walk away from results day (even though I can't change anything now haha) feeling happy and mentally prepared for college=:innocent:
    -finish "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami, one of my favourite authors=:innocent: (still reading this, however I finished "before I go to sleep" which I highly recommend!)
    -do my college summer tasks (gotta be done )=:innocent:
    -start practising the piano again, and a little guitar. Perhaps try to learn some of Chopin's Raindrop Prelude on piano??=:innocent:
    -meet up with friends, have a good time=:innocent:
    -get some nice clothes, for summer & college=:innocent:

I'll probably add more ideas/aims as I think of them. Any questions or comments are very welcome!! I'll also try and update this post with each bullet point, adding photos and writing about what happened (although maybe I'll make separate posts, depends on how long this turns out). This looks like it could be a Summer to remember!!

ReputationRep:
    Hong Kong:woo:My birth place :ahee: It's absolutely beautiful! :yep: Have you been there before?

10 miles? In one run? :afraid:
    Good luck!

Sounds like a fun summer.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Loving some of your aims 'have ice-cream for dinner' :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    Hong Kong:woo:My birth place :ahee: It's absolutely beautiful! :yep: Have you been there before?

10 miles? In one run? :afraid:
    Good luck!

Sounds like a fun summer.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Loving some of your aims 'have ice-cream for dinner' :giggle:
    I've never been to Hong Kong before, but I'm really looking forward to it, there seems so much to do and see!! 10 days in Hong Kong

Haha, running 10 miles will be a push, the most I've run is 7 miles in around 1hr 10mins.. But thank you!

Well, it's not as if I normally have ice cream.....

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

(Original post by LDS16)
    -volunteer for St Wilfrid's, in order to help those who need it and give me valuable work experience for medical school
    I recently got in contact with St Wilfird's expressing my wishes to volunteer. I recieved a reply!

[attach]5.6001456001656e+23[/attach]
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I've never been to Hong Kong before, but I'm really looking forward to it, there seems so much to do and see!! 10 days in Hong Kong

Haha, running 10 miles will be a push, the most I've run is 7 miles in around 1hr 10mins.. But thank you!

Well, it's not as if I normally have ice cream.....
    You will definitely love it

:eek: 7 miles? Most I've ever done is 3 :lol:

(Original post by LDS16)
    UPDATEI recently got in contact with St Wilfird's expressing my wishes to volunteer. I recieved a reply!
    Congrats :dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namita Gurung)
    You will definitely love it

:eek: 7 miles? Most I've ever done is 3 :lol:

Congrats :dance:
    Even just the photo opportunities of the harbour and the peak are enough to go!

I used to only run 1-2 miles but one day I decided it wasn't enough and ran another 3 miles; nowadays I never run less than 7

One step closer to achieving this aim now

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE
    Have something of mine appreciated/recognised, for example having some of my photography displayed
    Today there was an art exhibition.. featuring
    some of my work!! It was open to the public, with a fairly good turnout

Here's a photo of the display board with my work:
    Name:  2016-07-12 05.35.08 1-01-01.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  422.7 KB

I'm really pleased that my work was on display and that I had a chance to talk about my work too been a great day and another aim achieved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    So, as I've just finished GCSEs, I want this Summer to be productive whilst also giving me a break I'd like to make some progress in my future aspirations, make some new memories and maintain a strong positive attitude.

Here's a few ideas that I want to make happen this summer:

-Make some money , for college and my holiday to Hong Kong in November
    -Have something of mine appreciated/recognised, for example having some of my photography displayed
    -get at least 10 photos that I'm proud to have taken
    -volunteer for St Wilfrid's, in order to help those who need it and give me valuable work experience for medical school
    -watch the sunset with someone
    -have ice cream for dinner, whilst watching a good film on Netflix
    -enter some photos into the local exhibition
    -push myself to try something new
    -run 10 miles
    -sort out my Spotify premium subscription which isn't working
    -walk away from results day (even though I can't change anything now haha) feeling happy and mentally prepared for college
    -finish "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami, one of my favourite authors
    -do my college summer tasks (gotta be done )
    -start practising the piano again, and a little guitar. Perhaps try to learn some of Chopin's Raindrop Prelude on piano??
    -meet up with friends, have a good time
    -get some nice clothes, for summer & college

I'll probably add more ideas/aims as I think of them. Any questions or comments are very welcome!! I'll also try and update this post with each bullet point, adding photos and writing about what happened (although maybe I'll make separate posts, depends on how long this turns out). This looks like it could be a Summer to remember!!
    I had to study the raindrop prelude for my music GCSE it's sooo pretty I love the use of rubato and the slightly darker section in the middle (but that might just be the revision talking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    I had to study the raindrop prelude for my music GCSE it's sooo pretty I love the use of rubato and the slightly darker section in the middle (but that might just be the revision talking
    I remember looking at that piece too haha! I did Music GCSE for a year then switched to Art GCSE as I wanted an A/A* instead of a B. The ornaments were pretty emotive too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I remember looking at that piece too haha! I did Music GCSE for a year then switched to Art GCSE as I wanted an A/A* instead of a B. The ornaments were pretty emotive too
    yeah I heard art's pretty challenging too but your arts amazing!

ReputationRep:
    yeah I heard art's pretty challenging too but your arts amazing!
    Tysm! It was a lot of work, but once I knew what I was doing I found it fairly easy. I heard the music exams were fairly easy, and there was a mistake??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Tysm! It was a lot of work, but once I knew what I was doing I found it fairly easy. I heard the music exams were fairly easy, and there was a mistake??
    If there was I didn't notice XD

ReputationRep:
    If there was I didn't notice XD
    Haha well either way if there was everyone will get the mark or the grade boundaries will be lowered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Haha well either way if there was everyone will get the mark or the grade boundaries will be lowered
    sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    UPDATE

So, on the hottest day of the year so far, I've just come back from my group interview! We did some discussions, get-to-know-you games and some presentations on more specific ideas and issues surrounding the hospice.

I found it to be a really enjoyable experience, meeting many nice people all of completely different age groups and backgrounds. I also felt as though I made a positive impact in the way which I came across, leaving with a good first impression

So what happens now??
    Well, I've been invited back to a second interview/meeting, this time a one-to-one session with the administrator. This will be in about a week's time! Afterwards, all being well, they have suggested speeding up my application process as I'm still in education, so it'd be beneficial for both me and the hospice to start soon incase my time table for college clashes. After the next meeting and all the checks are done, my training will begin, along with my shadowing of whichever role I take. I'm hoping to take the role of a "host"- this will include interacting with patients, the public, as well as working in all different sectors of the hospice at various times, which will hopefully provide a very interesting and fulfilling experience!!

So overall, I feel today has been productive and worthwhile! Now to relax before my 6:30 am start tomorrow when I'll be working, hopefully making some more money for Hong Kong and for college!!

ReputationRep:
    Not an update as such, just documenting my progress of editing some photos whilst I hunt for that perfect 10 (even more photos CheeseIsVeg )

Name:  DSC_1167-01.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  172.3 KBAttachment 562882562886Attachment 562882562886562900
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Not an update as such, just documenting my progress of editing some photos whilst I hunt for that perfect 10 (even more photos CheeseIsVeg )

Name:  DSC_1167-01.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  172.3 KBAttachment 562882562886Attachment 562882562886562900
    MORE PHOTOS
    this can only be heaven :ssaw:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    they're so perfect XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    MORE PHOTOSthis can only be heaven :ssaw:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    they're so perfect XD
    :rofl:

Ha, they're only some black and white ones just to show I haven't been doing nothing 24/7 and have actually taken some photos
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by LDS16)
    :rofl:

Ha, they're only some black and white ones just to show I haven't been doing nothing 24/7 and have actually taken some photos
    theyre so amazing, what do u use to get them so perfect?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ssaw: :ssaw: :ssaw:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    theyre so amazing, what do u use to get them so perfect?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :ssaw: :ssaw: :ssaw:
    Well I have a Nikon D5300 DSLR, and I edited them in my phone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.