Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I have graduated from a university in England and applied and been accepted for a MSc in Quant Finance and University of Glasgow. Today I spoke with someone from Student Finance England and I have been told that if I am an EU citizen I cannot get a postgraduate loan for studying at University of Glasgow. Only if I am a home student I can benefit from such a loan.

    My questions:
    1. Is it true that I cannot get funding for studying at UofG or I have been misinformed?
    2. What can I do to become eligible? (get a permanent address, apply for citizenship etc.)
    3. What other funding opportunities are for EU students that I have not been aware? (I already got a scholarship)
    4. Would you recommend the Career Development Loans offered by the UK Gov?

    Thank you!
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.