Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello I'm going next week and I wanted to ask what you're supposed to bring with you? i literally have no idea what to bring and what it is even about. I just know you do different activities away from home on week 1 then skills the next...

can anyone who has just done it share your experience or what shall i bring?

ReputationRep:
    What is NCS?

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't NCS emailed a programme containing the packing list? And have you not been to a meeting? All the info is given there

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by nomophobia)
    Hasn't NCS emailed a programme containing the packing list? And have you not been to a meeting? All the info is given there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nope. i only got the timetable, no packing list. I couldn't attend the information evening on that day either.

(Original post by M14B)
    What is NCS?
    National Citizen Service (NCS) is an experience you really don't want to miss. If you're 15 to 17 years-old, this is your chance to embark on exhilarating challenges, make your mark and build skills for work and life. More than 200,000 young people have already said YES to NCS. Don't. Miss. Out.
    • UCAS recommends students include NCS in their personal statement
    • You learn the skills employers value
    • Learn to budget and live for yourself
    • Meet incredible people
    • Get your voice heard!
    http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/what-is-ncs

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I am 19

(Original post by Kryptonian)
    National Citizen Service (NCS) is an experience you really don't want to miss. If you're 15 to 17 years-old, this is your chance to embark on exhilarating challenges, make your mark and build skills for work and life. More than 200,000 young people have already said YES to NCS. Don't. Miss. Out.
    • UCAS recommends students include NCS in their personal statement
    • You learn the skills employers value
    • Learn to budget and live for yourself
    • Meet incredible people
    • Get your voice heard!
    http://www.ncsyes.co.uk/what-is-ncs
    Sounds like a bore. Lucky thing I'm 18.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh NCS are so annoying, they keep coming into college pestering us to join. Then they kept harassing my friend to do it by constantly emailing and texting her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    nope. i only got the timetable, no packing list. I couldn't attend the information evening on that day either.
    Email them and ask for one then

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by nomophobia)
    Email them and ask for one then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    Ugh NCS are so annoying, they keep coming into college pestering us to join. Then they kept harassing my friend to do it by constantly emailing and texting her
    Hint, if she actually tells them she doesn't want to go then they will remove her from the list...

ReputationRep:
    If it's the activities week just bring clothes, pyjamas,shoes, water bottle, first aid kit, phone, toothbrush, soap, suncream etc.

I would also recommend bringing a swimsuit too just in case the showers are bad and loads of snacks because you never know what the food will be like.
    Also bring flip flops in case the showers and bathroom were dirty, comfy shoes to wear inside and trainers in case you go somewhere muddy.

If your going somewhere muddy or dirty it's also worth bringing 2 extra sets of clothes and bring things that are easy and comfy to wear like a hoodie and t-shirt.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.