Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this thread has already been done...

What's your personal experience with alcohol?

Do/Did your parents have a strict attitude towards alcohol?
    When was the first time you got drunk?
    Any bad experiences?
    and most importantly, do you need alcohol to enjoy yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

Any bad experiences?
    1) my parents think i dont drink it
    2) got drunk. got cant remember
    3) i dont need alcohol to enjoy myself, i need music, but alcohol does help

ReputationRep:
    i need a fat cigar .... nto alchohol ... tobbacos fine in moderation ... alchohol jus plain ****s u up

lol - my mums an alcoholic... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink

ReputationRep:

very, had first at 15 mum bought it for me, a bottle of bacardi breezer for a party

never have

Any bad experiences?

nope

no, I only have it to get people at school off my back, and then its hardy any

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I've hanged out with a lot of people for whom alcohol is a necessity. Some friends during their first year of uni would get pissed every night.

I'm always trying to be reasonable but the only times I've actually decided not to control myself, things have turned out bad...
    Last time I was so pissed I was unconscious and woke up on a beach face down in my vomit. Probably could have died...

Ok fine i'll share more with you guys, first got drunk when i was really young, like 8 or something, bu it's not as bad as it sounds.

I don't ever get drunk anymore really but i do like baieys and strongbow - however it isn't necessary for me to have a good time. My earlier posts says it all about my parents attitudes really, and bad experiences.

ReputationRep:

Any bad experiences?
    Parents have no problem with alcohol in moderation (i.e. vomitting would put me in the bad books)

Worst alcohol related experience is how much I end up spending

Not really, I do need to go anywhere near a dance floor though

ReputationRep:

Any bad experiences?
    It's critical for good aseptic technique.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol is good, and is very enjoyable to drink, but I never drink to excess nor do I need it for a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Alcohol can be good in moderation, i drink it to be social!

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I've hanged out with a lot of people for whom alcohol is a necessity. Some friends during their first year of uni would get pissed every night.

I'm always trying to be reasonable but the only times I've actually decided not to control myself, things have turned out bad...
    Last time I was so pissed I was unconscious and woke up on a beach face down in my vomit. Probably could have died...
    it can be very dangerous as many people have died by choking oin their own vomit when drunk. It also does a lot of damage to your liver if consumption more or less everday, not too mention the amount of calories you must pile on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    It's critical for good aseptic technique.
    There's a time and a place for medical 'jokes'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    There's a time and a place for medical 'jokes'.
    Medical joke :confused:

That was prime microbiologist fodder!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Ok fine i'll share more with you guys, first got drunk when i was really young, like 8 or something, bu it's not as bad as it sounds.

I don't ever get drunk anymore really but i do like baieys and strongbow - however it isn't necessary for me to have a good time. My earlier posts says it all about my parents attitudes really, and bad experiences.
    8? How did you manage that?

First time for me was on a beach at 16, with some 25 year olds who more or less gatecrashed our campfire but then came back with 200 bottles of beer (they probably stole). One of them was a skinhead and apparently I told him I wouldn't mind doing his girlfriend. I don't know how I got out of there alive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    it can be very dangerous as many people have died by choking oin their own vomit when drunk. It also does a lot of damage to your liver if consumption more or less everday, not too mention the amount of calories you must pile on.
    Jimi Hendrix...it would have been neat to die like him I guess...

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually managed to become properly drunk, mostly because I never have enough money. The closest I ever came was putting too much vodka in the vodka and coke at a party. Which tasted like crap. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    I've never actually managed to become properly drunk, mostly because I never have enough money. The closest I ever came was putting too much vodka in the vodka and coke at a party. Which tasted like crap. :rolleyes:
    vodka is a lovely, I actually prefer spirits to alcopops and beer, although saying that I usually have the odd pint when I am down the pub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Getting drunk on cheap beer or even cider isn't necessarily expensive.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.