Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Cellardore)
    lol, was it intentional
    I was a mistake, and im proud of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    lol, was it intentional
    she'd been trying for ages. Tried to fool quite a lot of guys...

ReputationRep:
    First time I was properly drunk (as in couldn't remember afterwards and didn't know what I was doing) was the day after my 18th birthday (I'd been out before I was 18 though); I got into a state that I couldn't stand up properly as I was slipping in and out of consiousness (in the form of falling asleep while having my eyes open).

I had something like:
    3 shots of absence
    6 shots of vodka
    2 glasses of wine (in a cocktail)
    2 galsses of Red Bull (in the cocktail)
    2 glasses of whiskey
    2 pints

Though I can't remember much of the night (got that from my mates who fed it to me - I only brought 1 pint!).

My parents didn't have a go at me though as they said that now I know not to do that again.

And no I don't need alcohol to enjoy myself though it does help sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Rather worryingly, recently when I get drunk I seem to not remember anything in the morning and its scaring me

ReputationRep:
    I've never been drunk. Even though my parents seem to want me to get drunk (to build up my tolerances so they tell me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Rather worryingly, recently when I get drunk I seem to not remember anything in the morning and its scaring me
    Well when I'm hungover I get the look of "The lights are on but no-ones home"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    with an ugly toothless and hairy woman next to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Well when I'm hungover I get the look of "The lights are on but no-ones home"!
    I have never got a hangover in my life, despite getting drunk on a couple of occassions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    with an ugly toothless and hairy woman next to you?
    LOL! fortunately that doesnt happen usually

(Original post by Daveo)
    LOL! fortunately that doesnt happen usually
    Usually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Usually?
    Well I've only ever woken up next to someone not having the faintest idea how they came to be there once, she wasn't bad either.

ReputationRep:
    What's your personal experience with alcohol? Mainly of other people drinking it

Do/Did your parents have a strict attitude towards alcohol? Nope, My mum doesn't drink. My dad not much, don't think they'd have a prob with it tho...
    When was the first time you got drunk? Never...
    Any bad experiences? Only involving other people who were drinking... Mostly going to the park (full of townies for some reason) late at night and them getting into fights.
    and most importantly, do you need alcohol to enjoy yourself? I guess not.

IMO Beer & Wine at least taste pretty bad. And not drinking is cheap. So I don't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Well I've only ever woken up next to someone not having the faintest idea how they came to be there once, she wasn't bad either.
    LOL
    I was expecting to read "he wasn't bad either".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    LOL
    I was expecting to read "he wasn't bad either".
    hmmm. hehe.

It was all fairly innocent though, so i'm told.

(Original post by Daveo)
    It was all fairly innocent though, so i'm told.
    Damn, better luck next time.

ReputationRep:
    im a bad drinker, i have an obsesion with drinking till there is:
    1) no drink left
    2) to expencive
    3) im unconsious

i've drank 5 stellas, 3 cans of cheap crap and a bottle of jack D on an empty stomach once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polljk)
    im a bad drinker, i have an obsesion with drinking till there is:
    1) no drink left
    2) to expencive
    3) im unconsious

i've drank 5 stellas, 3 cans of cheap crap and a bottle of jack D on an empty stomach once
    and what was the result?

ReputationRep:
    Do/Did your parents have a strict attitude towards alcohol? Not really, no - they were quite happy to buy me Barcardi Breezers when I was 16 to take to parties at my friends. They saw it more as a trust thing - they would rather buy me some weakly alcoholic thing rather than put their foot down about alcohol and say no, and have me rebelling and getting paralytic on vodka that I stole from their alcohol cabinet. As a result I was always sensible when it came to alcohol - I never drank it to get drunk and I never had to be rebellious and drink White Lightening in the park.
    When was the first time you got drunk? I can take quite a lot of alcohol (was never one of those 2 drinks and on the floor 16 year olds) so never used to get drunk. First time was on my 18th birthday when Brannigans gave me and my friends 3 bottles of champagne for free and I drunk most of one myself along with drinks people kept buying me (it was buy one get one free so they got a drink for themselves and kept giving me the free one). I still wasn't paralytic, could walk fairly straight, remembered most of it and didn't get a hangover. But I was happy so it was good!
    Any bad experiences? Not til uni when I went for a night out, came back having drunk a fair bit but still being fine, and then deciding to stay in the kitchen with the lads who were playing drinking games which I kept losing and as a result drank about 1/3 of a (litre) bottle of whiskey in shots in the space of an hour and then was sick. First and only time i've ever thrown up though. And I wasn't throwing up all night either.
    and most importantly, do you need alcohol to enjoy yourself? No, not at all. Its nice to be able to drink it as I think it does get repetitive having coke or orange juice all the time and there's a huge variety of different alcoholic drinks, so its nice to have a change and have a drink. But I can go on a night out, and drive so I can't drink and still have just as much fun (usually laughing at drunk friends!).

ReputationRep:
    Woah i've gone into loads of detail...I didn't bother reading everyone else's posts first...oopsie!

(Original post by Chicken)
    Woah i've gone into loads of detail...I didn't bother reading everyone else's posts first...oopsie!
    No worries, i still read it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.