The Student Room Group

Physics and maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plagioclase
Referring to C1. I didn't find the subsequent units too awful but I definitely did feel a noticeable jump from GCSE to C1 and again from C2 to C3 and again from FP2 to FP3.

C2 -> C3 is :lolwut:
Original post by 34908seikj
Mentioning that, when I first started C1 I did actually struggle a bit with Integration and differentiation, just having to my sure my algebra was perfect, even if it was easy.

Yep I think that's the main point. There is some algebra at GCSE but the problems are extremely simple and generally one step, whereas C1 is the first time where you actually need to think about the algebra. It's not at all a problem once you're used to it but making that step, in my view, isn't easy.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
C2 -> C3 is :lolwut:

Yup. I found C3 considerably harder than C4, particularly all the trig stuff! It is important though, it never ceases to amaze me how much 'basic' A Level stuff I still use on a daily basis.

Yup. I found C3 considerably harder than C4, particularly all the trig stuff! It is important though, it never ceases to amaze me how much 'basic' A Level stuff I still use on a daily basis.

:colonhash: great to see that C4 is also as great :colonhash:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:colonhash: great to see that C4 is also as great :colonhash:

Spoiler

I like C4. The calculus and vector stuff is extremely important for anyone wanting to do anything physical related at university.
I like C4. The calculus and vector stuff is extremely important for anyone wanting to do anything physical related at university.

True, I've seen it being used at my taster day in Chemistry at KCL

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest