Views: 1123
Size:  143.4 KB

https://twitter.com/MarcStevenPhoto/...856?lang=en-gb
34908seikj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've no respect for the movement now. They're borderline racists, who think they get away with it because they're a minority at least the sort of figure heads of the movement, those people from the ferguson riots IIRC. Not that their cause isn't important [it is].
queenint
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great news.
TheThiefOfBagdad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
'The mandem'

lol
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is that first guy Novelist?
Mango Milkshake
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why are they protesting in London?
username2705335
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mango Milkshake)
It's to show solidarity
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because sheeple.
PrincessBO$$
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nothing happens in London compared to America other than occasional unfair police arrest or longer sentence as well as higher fine.
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I wonder why no one says the same about Paris, Brussels, or Orlando. Smh.
College_Dropout
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
London mandem gonna be out in force

TaintedLight
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 34908seikj)
I've no respect for the movement now. They're borderline racists, who think they get away with it because they're a minority at least the sort of figure heads of the movement, those people from the ferguson riots IIRC. Not that their cause isn't important [it is].
So any violence committed by black people is because of Black Lives Matter now? :laugh:
The Roast
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Indeed :holmes:

http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics...police-custody
The Roast
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where's the solidarity for the dead cops?
TercioOfParma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're absolutely batshit. I laughed for a full minute at them calling it "herstory".

http://blacklivesmatter.com/herstory/

When you design an event / campaign / et cetera based on the work of queer Black women, don’t invite them to participate in shaping it, but ask them to provide materials and ideas for next steps for said event, that is racism in practice. It’s also hetero-patriarchal. Straight men, unintentionally or intentionally, have taken the work of queer Black women and erased our contributions. Perhaps if we were the charismatic Black men many are rallying around these days, it would have been a different story, but being Black queer women in this society (and apparently within these movements) tends to equal invisibility and non-relevancy.

http://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

How Black poverty and genocideis state violence.
    How Black women bearing the burden of a relentless assault on our children and our families is state violence. <---( Not the mostly black men getting shot?)
jeremy1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Black Lives Matter comes from a new strain of Marxist ideology that essentially makes White people the bourgeoisie, and Black people the proletariat. This is where the "White privilege" narrative comes from. All these terms like Herstory instead of History and such are common on the far left. It's very radical stuff.

I really hope this one doesn't turn violent. Hopefully the stricter gun laws in Britain serve to keep firearms out of the hands of people who want a repeat of what happened in Dallas.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jeremy1988)
Black Lives Matter comes from a new strain of Marxist ideology that essentially makes White people the bourgeoisie, and Black people the proletariat. This is where the "White privilege" narrative comes from. All these terms like Herstory instead of History and such are common on the far left. It's very radical stuff.

I really hope this one doesn't turn violent. Hopefully the stricter gun laws in Britain serve to keep firearms out of the hands of people who want a repeat of what happened in Dallas.
The facts show it's the case in the US. Whites hold 14 times as much wealth as blacks. True bourgeoisie/proletariat relationship, although asians hold more wealth than both so kind of throws the whole race argument out the window.

I think the black community should of been offered more after slavery though. So white's do have some level of responsibility here.

Policy changes:
- Better schools
- More state funding for poorer students
- Clean up housing policies in the US
that would be a start but DOUBT anything will change, another sentimental speech from Obama.
cipi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
#whitelivesmatter #southafrica #zimbabwe
Joep95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
100% of police killings in the uk in 2016 the victims are white

#whitelivesmatter
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
#bluelivesmurder
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed