Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted opinions on unis offering new courses i.e. this is the first year/ it only started offering it a few years ago. Do you think they wont be as good as unis which have been offering the same course for a while? Personally, it puts me off a bit if I was the first year of that course. What does everyone else think?

NOTE: I'm applying to uni for 2017 entry and the reason this thread is in this forum is because I'm considering a biochem related degree
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It really depends on the uni, what kind of research they do and whether or not they do other related courses so a bit more info about which uni and course would be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    It really depends on the uni, what kind of research they do and whether or not they do other related courses so a bit more info about which uni and course would be helpful.
    Its Biochemistry at Manchester uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Manchester has been in the field and generally around for years so I wouldn't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester has been in the field and generally around for years so I wouldn't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    By in the field do you mean they have been offering similar courses for a while like biomed etc. ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.