The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I write a sports column for the Times. I get paid £200 for each one. Then they pass it off as somebody else's work :frown:.
Reply 21
I get crap pay! £4.43 an hour, working at budgens
Reply 22
Zapsta
I write a sports column for the Times. I get paid £200 for each one. Then they pass it off as somebody else's work :frown:.

That sucks!
Reply 23
Emzeebubs
hey, just wondering how much people get paid for summer jobs....? i get £4.60 an hour but all my mates get more than that working elsewhere....i feel so deprived!

Don't you mean wage. A salary is a fixed sum regardless, of how many hours you work, though there is always a minimum amount you have to work. A wage is paid upon how many hours you actually work, sorry to be pedantic.
Reply 24
I used to get paid about £140 a week doing about 25 hours per week. Not bad
hmmm about £5.00 p.h at the moment but in a few months it will go up to about £15,000 p.a with regular raises.
Reply 26
Pencil
As a General Assistant at Tesco, I get £5.55 an hour. :smile:

On Sunday, I get double that.

i work at tesco, you must be incredibly old if you get double time and not time-and-a-half :wink:
Reply 27
I get paid $10 canadian working at an autobody shop.
Reply 28
Curiosity
Don't you mean wage. A salary is a fixed sum regardless, of how many hours you work, though there is always a minimum amount you have to work. A wage is paid upon how many hours you actually work, sorry to be pedantic.

lol, yeh whatever. I mean, what is your hourly rate
Reply 29
I get £5 an hour, working as a barmaid.
£150 In-calls (Max 2 hrs), £240 out-calls, £500 overnight, international rates negotiable. No kissing.
Reply 31
If I have a web development contract I get £8 an hour, if I am doing leaflets its more like £4-£5 an hour.
Reply 32
£7 p/h warehouse work - so not worth the permanent back trouble awaiting you after doing this job.
[Keeps quiet to avoid barrage of abuse] :wink:
Jools
[Keeps quiet to avoid barrage of abuse] :wink:
Go on...

We all admire you, and would like to know the figure, to see what we could earn.
5.60 per hour in customer service, makes me yearn for the era of my 14 hour a day 4.75 work in fish processing days :rolleyes: .
£5.75 an hour for working at my local Leisure Centre as a Leisure Assistant its sometimes hard physical work but when courts or halls are not booked we get paid for not doing anything sometimes.
i get 8.25 an hour in my gap year job, finish tomorrow tho!
Reply 38
Pencil
As a General Assistant at Tesco, I get £5.55 an hour. :smile:

On Sunday, I get double that.

Omg - I supervise at Wilkinson and only get £5.37. :redface:
£0.004

per second :tongue: