Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The monumental cesspool that is the YouTube comment section. watch

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who thinks that the YouTube comment section harbours some of the most retarded things in the universe?
    I genuinely think that YouTube should either manage those comments a little bit better, or report the abusers to the authorities. Seriously some of the comments are just godawful. For now I will be disabling it on Google Chrome, but I hope YouTube ever decides to do something about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Am I the only one who thinks that the YouTube comment section harbours some of the most retarded things in the universe?
    I genuinely think that YouTube should either manage those comments a little bit better, or report the abusers to the authorities. Seriously some of the comments are just godawful. For now I will be disabling it on Google Chrome, but I hope YouTube ever decides to do something about it.

I lost it when I was watching an intellectual video on thermal physics and the laws of thermodynamics and some 12 year old troll asked

"How can I get free Minecraft mods"

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I find quite a few TSR threads total cesspits too. One of the bigger downsides of the internet - every angry autistic teenager with a keyboard gets to have their say.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's usually full of prepubescent kids trying to be edgy. It is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    To be fair, I find quite a few TSR threads total cesspits too. One of the bigger downsides of the internet - every angry autistic teenager with a keyboard gets to have their say.
    What's wrong with being autistic?

They didn't choose to have it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I very much doubt that YouTube has the slightest interest in spending resources to manage the comments but yes, it really is a cesspit. I'd even go as far as saying that its worse than the Daily Mail's comments section and that is an insult.

ReputationRep:
    Basically what people said above - just full of 12 year olds fishing for thumbs up on their comments. It's gotten worse recently too imo, due to the uprise of certain YouTubers. I rarely see any actual discussion which is really sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playmaker#10)
    I lost it when I was watching an intellectual video on thermal physics and the laws of thermodynamics and some 12 year old troll asked

"How can I get free Minecraft mods"

That probably wasn't a 12 year old kid but it was something called a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Hisssssssssssssssssss

ReputationRep:
    U focking w0t m8

c_um 2 profile for upgraded minecaft diamod axes xXmlgPROXx 420 blaze it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TajwarC)
    Basically what people said above - just full of 12 year olds fishing for thumbs up on their comments. It's gotten worse recently too imo, due to the uprise of certain YouTubers. I rarely see any actual discussion which is really sad.
    Racism, homophobia and sexism there is rampant!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the internet, sadly where idiots are rife.

It'll never change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    What's wrong with being autistic?

They didn't choose to have it?
    Yeah....When did autistic become an insult?

ReputationRep:
    It's hideous, even worse than what TSR is at its worst.

There is something about below the linne sections that attracts a certain type of bitter, angry, hateful person. Maybe the Internet turns does this to people, maybe they really feel that way and are too cowardly to express their views offline. Websites are starting to move away from comments sections. The Guardian had cut back and The Telegraph has ditched them altogether, but I doubt YouTube's will go soon.

ReputationRep:
    "Last time I was this early Britain was still in the EU".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Although they can be frustrating sometimes, I feel Youtube comment sections along with Facebook articles etc are the best way to have your views and opinions seen by the highest number of people.
    Probably why they're sometimes so messy :')

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.