Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I haven't been able to find a summer job and now have only 30 pounds in my account- never get past interview stage
    FInding internships have been unsuccessful
    I am beginning to get jaded as EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY FRIENDS- have a summer job and internship opportunities.

It upsets me to the point i havent been speaking to any my friends as for the first time i am getting jealous at their success

It has caused my self-esteem to drop- is it because I am now questioning my looks to why people don't like me enough to hire me

what can I do
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Hiya,

Don't feel to down in the dumps about it, since summer jobs are very competitive to get. Perhaps look into catering?They recruit new waitresses/waiters/baristas frequently and you could find yourself with quite a few jobs (some even have long shifts that last for like 10-11 hours) and will put some money in your pocket.

Where are you from? If you're from London or Cardiff I'd be able to recommend you some places to look at.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I haven't been able to find a summer job and now have only 30 pounds in my account- never get past interview stage FInding internships have been unsuccessful I am beginning to get jaded as EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY FRIENDS- have a summer job and internship opportunities. It upsets me to the point i havent been speaking to any my friends as for the first time i am getting jealous at their success It has caused my self-esteem to drop- is it because I am now questioning my looks to why people don't like me enough to hire me what can I do

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Hiya,

Don't feel to down in the dumps about it, since summer jobs are very competitive to get. Perhaps look into catering?They recruit new waitresses/waiters/baristas frequently and you could find yourself with quite a few jobs (some even have long shifts that last for like 10-11 hours) and will put some money in your pocket.

Where are you from? If you're from London or Cardiff I'd be able to recommend you some places to look at.
    ive tried those events- and got cheated on, i realized they were very untruthful ending up in spending money with getting to earn until the 5 shifts down the line

i just feel like there is no point

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.