Turn on thread page Beta

Do you mend broken people or just leave them? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend called erm...Gemma, who says that you should try and fix people - the outcasts from society - the failures, the ugly, the overweight, the poor etc

I say we should just ignore them and not give them too much hope. We need to focus on the clever kids - that's how we make our country truly great.

ReputationRep:
    If Gemma is well fit, I agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    If Gemma is well fit, I agree
    It really isn't anything to do with her physical appearance. It's more of an intellectual discussion!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You should put her down, it's best for everyone. It's cruel to let her suffer in pain like that

Spoiler:
    Show
    only read the title, **** you all

ReputationRep:
    Mend if It will not break you. Leave if they will break you in trying to repair them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B4LL3R)
    I have a friend called erm...GEmma, who says that you should try and fix people - the outcasts from society - the failures, the ugly, the overweight, the poor etc

I say we should just ignore them and not give them too much hope. We need to focus on the clever kids - that's how we make our country truly great.
    Well I don't know. The Nazi politicians and scientists were clever people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    You would leave this beautiful woman to fend for herself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Mend if It will not break you. Leave if they will break you in trying to repair them.
    Good wisdom there. I'm assuming it's possible to mend people without too much self sacrifice.

I think however my question is - do we focus on the winners or the losers. Helping the winners get better and really do something amazing or helping the losers get out of a bad situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    You would leave this beautiful woman to fend for herself?

I'm a female so you know the answer :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    I'm a female so you know the answer :lol:
    Do I know the answer though?

ReputationRep:
    Good wisdom there. I'm assuming it's possible to mend people without too much self sacrifice.

I think however my question is - do we focus on the winners or the losers. Helping the winners get better and really do something amazing or helping the losers get out of a bad situation.
    It depends and every situation is different, I know a guy who was a bit of a bully and no one really liked him, I helped him and he was a good guy but a year or so later he was even worse. so i left him

But I had a friend that was super unhappy but I made him feel good again and he is perfectly fine.
    But overall I say help people who are good become great and let the people who want to help the "losers" help them, in the process they can become great themselves and make a loser good.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just gotta use a lil bit of Superglue®.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    It depends and every situation is different, I know a guy who was a bit of a bully and no one really liked him, I helped him and he was a good guy but a year or so later he was even worse. so i left him

But I had a friend that was super unhappy but I made him feel good again and he is perfectly fine.
    But overall I say help people who are good become great and let the people who want to help the "losers" help them, in the process they can become great themselves and make a loser good.
    Yes that's very true. I am of the same opinion.

But what if a kid is ugly, overweight and poor yet extremely clever? Don't they deserve some focus? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    But what if a kid is ugly, overweight and poor yet extremely clever? Don't they deserve some focus? :confused:
    Well they do but I am of the opinion we should help the smart and normal kids first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Just gotta use a lil bit of Superglue®.

Out curiosity, what type of super glue will it be. The Tough, expanding, sticks-to-everything glue, or the more stick more surfaces type of glue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Why do you feel abandoned?

(Original post by 34908seikj)
    Why do you feel abandoned?
    No... Just wondering. I only fall into the categories 'ugly' and 'poor' anyway lolz

Well they do but I am of the opinion we should help the smart and normal kids first.
    How do we measure how 'normal' a child is?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.