The Student Room Group

Did you go to prom?

Scroll to see replies

Haha yeh I can't wait for the day when I can actually change my relationship status on Facebook and post pics with my boyfriend like everyone else seems to be doing these days.... And Yh it is such a waste of money for a dress for the girls which you're only wearing for like 4 hours lol and I'd probably leave early anyways .... I went to my year 11 one but didn't bother getting a dress and just wore a skirt lol and I looked like an idiot hahaha - never again !
Original post by sh9
I didn't go to prom because:

1) I hated school as I was picked on/bullied by a bunch of *****es all the time
2) I did not care for my appearance and never wore makeup, nor did I wear dresses
3) Back then, I was a very anxious person and didn't even know how to tell my mum about prom/ask about going because it just totally wasn't my thing anyway

I'm glad I didn't go because my school life was abysmal, though it was kinda awkward that even my younger cousins had gone to see it whilst I stayed at home in the bath, lmao.

In the bath lol - that made me laugh that small detail haha
Yes I did and it was amazing. So much fun. im guessing the people who didn't go didn't have friends or their friends weren't going either because you could just have chilled with them for the night!

At my prom there was a photo booth to take loads of pictures and group pictures and funny picture of people y7-11 on a photo board that you could take pictures off when you were done.

Has a DJ and lots of dancing. Awards ceremony and a 3 course meal. I would definitely do it again
(edited 7 years ago)
Girl wore trousers and a blazer in mine- she looked great and was on prom commitee :tongue:. Were there a lot of people that didn't go to prom?
Nah, I went to London on that day
I didn't go to my Year 11 prom. I didn't go to my Year 13 prom.
No regrets
Reply 46
My year group was unusually nice to each other so Prom was great and we on a boat trip down the Thames!
Can understand others not wanting to go though
Year 11 was much photos and talking and dancing. Sixth form prom I brought a date and we stayed over at the hotel where prom was held and it was very very different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Yh I can relate my year 11 prom was just me sitting at a table and a few people awkwardly dancing at the front . We didnt get any food and the only drinks available were the 35 p energy ones you get from the corner shop... It was actually awful .

I think I'd have preferred that, actually! At both my yr11 and yr13 proms, no one sat around and talked which is what I would have liked to do. Literally everyone danced.
Loved my yr11 prom - can't wait for the yr13 one :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest