Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was scam out of my own pocket by a modelling agency Watch

ReputationRep:
    If something seems to good to be true- it is. A real modelling wouldn't just email random people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry.m)
    Please be careful when giving your money to a model Agency I learnt the hard way, I had an email from a company call MJMM Modelling Agency, I click on there site to see what it was all about, so I join up and sent my details to MJMM, I sent a few photos of myself and then was invited to go to London to have my hair and makeup done, I did think this was free at the time as no money were ever mention, the stylist got me ready for my photos to be taken by professional, I was told to go back to the reception area and wait for an MJMM Consultant, I was then met by consultant to go to his office, he reply i have some good new and you have pass the photos shoot and ready to be come at an model, I was delighted and could not believe it until he said you will now have to pay for your Portfolio to become an full or part time model, so I said if I don't pay now what will happen, he reply you will not be a model with MJMM modelling, so pressure were now on for me, I then paid £900.00 to the agency consultant as he promise me a lot of work around London and my town... It's now been over 8 months and I haven't received any work from these guys, only email I am receiving asking me if I would like to do a job that has come up by the agency bookers, saying yes or no, so far I had said yes for all my jobs that has the agency has offer me by that's how far it gets... So please be careful who you deal with or you be scam and lose your money.... Regards KM
    You need to go to the police

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry.m)
    Please be careful when giving your money to a model Agency I learnt the hard way, I had an email from a company call MJMM Modelling Agency, I click on there site to see what it was all about, so I join up and sent my details to MJMM, I sent a few photos of myself and then was invited to go to London to have my hair and makeup done, I did think this was free at the time as no money were ever mention, the stylist got me ready for my photos to be taken by professional, I was told to go back to the reception area and wait for an MJMM Consultant, I was then met by consultant to go to his office, he reply i have some good new and you have pass the photos shoot and ready to be come at an model, I was delighted and could not believe it until he said you will now have to pay for your Portfolio to become an full or part time model, so I said if I don't pay now what will happen, he reply you will not be a model with MJMM modelling, so pressure were now on for me, I then paid £900.00 to the agency consultant as he promise me a lot of work around London and my town... It's now been over 8 months and I haven't received any work from these guys, only email I am receiving asking me if I would like to do a job that has come up by the agency bookers, saying yes or no, so far I had said yes for all my jobs that has the agency has offer me by that's how far it gets... So please be careful who you deal with or you be scam and lose your money.... Regards KM
    Hello I went to the same modelling agency. I asked to see the contract first. Doesn't it say they will give you money back after a year if you don't get any work. Maybe you should try taking them up on that.

Lucky for me I didn't full for it as I notice a few things and also my next door neighbour used to be a model so she told me I shouldn't have to pay for my portfolio and she got hers done for free.

Good luck though. Re read the contract and just double check xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You gave them money without really checking if they even existed..? wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKCATrocks)
    You need to go to the police
    OMG you must so sorry kerry that's terrible that they took your money and promised you a contract.. I was approached by a agency also, luckily I caught on by reading the small print.. You can find my story on here also.. Good luck for finding something legit.. I want to do TV work etc but can't afford anything at the mo.. So I guess I just live and hope I find something.. Kez X

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.