Turn on thread page Beta

Bedtime stories! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever have to read them to a little one?
    It really drives me bored and puts me to sleep before my brother also drying my throat out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    It really drives me bored and puts me to sleep before my brother also drying my throat out!
    Well, I am in the midst of reading lord of the rings again, that is my bed time story at present.

Not as of yet, but i'd probably like it wanting to be a primary school teacher and everything - i like young children, they're so much nicer then everybody else.

(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Well, I am in the midst of reading lord of the rings again, that is my bed time story at present.
    Snap, except not again, this is the first time i've read it, though i'm nearly finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Not as of yet, but i'd probably like it wanting to be a primary school teacher and everything - i like young children, they're so much nicer then everybody else.
    the issue is that when i start reading he love sit that much that he doesnt fall asleep and waits until the last word and double checks to ensure ive read the whole story...He's nearly 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I used to read them to my little brother. He's too old for them now
    It isn't boring, it's a sweet thing to do

ReputationRep:
    Snap, except not again, this is the first time i've read it, though i'm nearly finished.
    Well, I am half way through the first book, but that is mainly because I am usually up really late.

Well, I am half way through the first book, but that is mainly because I am usually up really late.
    I'm halfway through the third book and i started in September, and that includes me reading half of the first book, all of the second book and half of the third book in a week... :rolleyes:

I never get round to reading it...

ReputationRep:
    I'm halfway through the third book and i started in September, and that includes me reading half of the first book, all of the second book and half of the third book in a week... :rolleyes:

I never get round to reading it...
    Well, after LOTR I am going to be reading the silmarillion again and then the his dark materials trilegy again.

Well, after LOTR I am going to be reading the silmarillion again and then the his dark materials trilegy again.
    You make lists of books to read as well? Next up for me after LotR is Clockwork Orange.

ReputationRep:
    You make lists of books to read as well? Next up for me after LotR is Clockwork Orange.
    Well, I like re reading books, it helps me refrsh my memory.

ReputationRep:
    Yep i do when i look after my sisters children. They like books like fireman sam, tweenies and peter rabbit books read to them. I agree with you i think it is so boring which is when i use my imagination constantly changing the story with the ending after two pages .

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody's parents used to tell them made-up stories when they were younger, where you (and maybe your siblings) were the main characters?

Mine did, and I enjoyed them so much - if only I could be an infant once again...

Well, I like re reading books, it helps me refrsh my memory.
    I read Mick Foley's auto-biography about 20 times back when i liked wrestling..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Did anybody's parents used to tell them stories when they were younger, where you (and maybe your siblings) were the main characters?

Mine did, and I enjoyed them so much - if only I could be an infant once again...
    Oh yes, my mother was quite the story teller, and we had creations such as the glurp.

ReputationRep:
    I read Mick Foley's auto-biography about 20 times back when i liked wrestling..
    I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the complete set of the history of middle earth.

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody's parents used to tell them made-up stories when they were younger, where you (and maybe your siblings) were the main characters?

Yeah, she'd make stories about me... princesss :rolleyes:

Nope, i was content with regular stories, we had dozens of books, with my favourites being (of course) Mr Men.

ReputationRep:
    I used to read them when I babysat for the two girls next door. They were never really interested, but begged me to do it anyway- I think it had more to do with the fact that I was a grown-up figure rather than a love of stories! I skipped out pages and paragraphs when it started to get boring

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, my mother was quite the story teller, and we had creations such as the glurp.
    Haha, my dad used to have some rather creative ones - a favourite character of his was the 'Socky Monster' (literally the sock off his foot, which he put on his hand to scare me, lol).

My mom came up with altogether more cautionary tales, which were sometimes a bit scary, but always had a moral lesson! Like for instance the one about what happened to children who played on the windowsill. True to form, I never played on the windowsill again.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.