Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student halls, flatmate has let his girlfriend move in?! Do i report it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I am at a Darley Bank student halls property so they have like hundreds of tenants at one site.

In the tenancy agreement it says you cant sublet or let anyone live in your room but it doesn't say the consequences if someone does and how serious that is.

A *****y flatmate that never cleans has let his girlfriend move into his room with him and she is her 24/7, been here for nearly two weeks now. Like i watched her bring her stuff in over the course of a couple of days trying to be sneaky about it with binbags of her stuff.

The rent is fixed at like £110 and its all inclusive of bills and thats per person, we have separate contracts and we hold the tenancy for our individual rooms and the shared living area. She uses the shared area so technically shes in my part of the flat too, like its not just his, its mine too. She used up all the washing up liquid and now there is some stupid standoff because no way am I putting my new one out for them to use when I'm moving out in three weeks.

Here is my problem, should i report this? I'm 100% the only one that knows this because its only myself and the bloke left in the flat. I will be found out FOR SURE for doing it, but she blatantly said to my face shes moved out of her flat and shes living here.

Thing is, Darley Bank is **** for anything that means they might lose money. I got some disgusting homophobic **** with threats of physical violence and endless aggression for two months and I had two breakdowns. Recorded the whole thing, they didn't care and I had to push for a move to a different flat, the *******s didnt even get a finger wag their way.

So if these money hungry staff members don't care about that... is it worth telling them about this flatmate that let his gf move in? I'm moving in 3 weeks, ngl, i do kind of want to be vindictive here because this guy is disgusting, kept leaving petty notes all year round to me and thinks its the 50s and its a womans job to clean everything.

ReputationRep:
    F**k him up!

ReputationRep:
    Not into violence sorry

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything you could lose from reporting it to the relevant authorities?

ReputationRep:
    Worst case scenario it would get awkward or he could flip his shizz and break some stuff in the shared kitchen by going in my cupboards and i wouldnt be able to prove it.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I'd say it's probably best to try and survive these last three weeks without reporting it. If no-one else does in that time, then by all means throw a report out once your time is up - but probably best to avoid major conflict while you're still living under the same roof.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say if they've done anything to bother you, then report it. I wouldn't do it over washing up liquid though.

ReputationRep:
    If the guy is that much of a prick and you're not gonna see him again after these three weeks then I'd say report it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, i'll leave it until I move out. It's not just washing up liquid though, hes never contributed to communal items and he leaves the kitchen an absolute style and she only adds to the problem. I went on a holiday for one week and I got a text telling me our kitchen had maggots. Thats how nasty it is. Now shes here god only knows whats coming next. There are hundreds of sesame seeds all over the place in there.

I just hate how sexist he is, like I am the only one that cleans so he doesn't lift a finger because he knows I will give in. The one time I dont give in, the maggots happened. Hes literally a slob. Hes 24 btw. He leaves me passive aggressive notes about it and how its my job.

Yeah, i'll do it just as I haul ass out of this shithole, thats where being a mucky sexist prick gets you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.