The Student Room Group

How often do you get an overdraft bigger than £1.5k?

Deciding between the CO-OP guaranteed 1.5k up to 2k, versus the HSBC guaranteed 0.5k up to 3k.

How often do you guys get 2k+ overdrafts on HSBC/Halifax etc and what are your circumstances?
Reply 1
I don't think you've understood the question at all lmao
Reply 2
I'm wanting to know how often people had applied and actually got an overdraft larger than 2k.

I'm deciding whether or not it is worth risking this with HSBC as they guarantee £500 but go up to £3000, whereas Co Op guarantee £1,500 but go up to £2,000.

So I will see if I am more likely to get a better deal with HSBC.
Reply 3
I have tried and there's not much humans can do. It's all credit checked and done by their system. I know because I've worked at HSBC too lol. My credit score is 350/700 on Clearscore (Equifax/Experian I believe) which is pretty mediocre and doesn't really mean anything as there is nothing on my credit history. Then again, I don't really know what credit score provides what overdraft and what not.
I'm with Halifax and was offered the full £3000 in my second year, £1000 is the maximum for first year
Reply 5
HSBC tend to stagger the amount they give you i.e. 1500 to start with after a term or year etc. bump it up to 2k or what not, especially as most students wont have a creditscore to merit such a high initial o/d.
Original post by TrojanH
Deciding between the CO-OP guaranteed 1.5k up to 2k, versus the HSBC guaranteed 0.5k up to 3k.

How often do you guys get 2k+ overdrafts on HSBC/Halifax etc and what are your circumstances?

my Santander has a £3,000 overdraft now but that more down to the fact I applied for it when I had a lot in there so go a higher rate
but one of the guys I know has a £500,000 overdraft

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending