Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Greetings everyone! I would like to announce the reintroduction of the Chemistry Society on TSR. The general aim of the society/group is to help with A-level Chemistry. We have a range of helpful students; all willing to help. Support is also provided for university applications and with general student life, not forgetting to mention the excellent banter we have along the way.

The Chemistry Society started a year and a half ago, when I myself was taking my A2 examinations. I felt there had to be a more interconnected and immediate way to get help and advice for A-levels... and from here the Chemistry Group was born. Since then, I have made some fantastic friends and received the results I needed. The immense help of the community was indispensable.

So if you're interested in bettering your revision, examination methods and grades as well as seeing the fantastic community then please private message me for me details and you will be added.

Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor Sheev)
    Greetings everyone! I would like to announce the reintroduction of the Chemistry Society on TSR. The general aim of the society/group is to help with A-level Chemistry. We have a range of helpful students; all willing to help. Support is also provided for university applications and with general student life, not forgetting to mention the excellent banter we have along the way.

The Chemistry Society started a year and a half ago, when I myself was taking my A2 examinations. I felt there had to be a more interconnected and immediate way to get help and advice for A-levels... and from here the Chemistry Group was born. Since then, I have made some fantastic friends and received the results I needed. The immense help of the community was indispensable.

So if you're interested in bettering your revision, examination methods and grades as well as seeing the fantastic community then please private message me for me details and you will be added.

Thanks for reading!
    Sounds more like an A Level study group than anything.

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what we are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor Sheev)
    That's exactly what we are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So not a chemistry society then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    So not a chemistry society then.
    I would classify it as a chemistry society. We have a group of people at different levels and stages of their academic career all helping each other with A-level Chemistry and other bits of student life. You're more than welcome to join if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is still interested then do not hesitate to PM me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really good group its really supportive and everyone is so nice you can ask them anything and as they saud above the bants

ReputationRep:
    can someone please tell me the list of topics that I will be doing for AS chemistry? I have just finished my GCSE therefore I would like to be familiar with some topics right away. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    for AQA :
    Physical
    Atomic structure(electrons,protons and neutrpns etc.)
    Amount of substance(moles and titrations etc.)
    Bonding (ionic,covalent metallic)
    Energetics(enthalpy)
    Kinectics(reaction rates)

Inorganic
    Periodicity(stuff about the periodic table)
    Group 2 and 7 Elements (as it says)

Organic
    Intro (the basics)
    Alkanes and Haloalkanes
    Alkenes and Alcohols
    Organic analysis(testing for organic groups etc)

hope this helps I dont know about other exam boards hope you did well at gcse and enjoy the AS level

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    althpugh try to relax a bit this summer have some fun you know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    If anymore people want to be added then please do not hesitate to PM me. Will add you as soon as I can. Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.