Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

supermassive headaches after gym/sport? Watch

Everytime I push myself at sports or the gym I go bright red and get a huge headache. The redness lasts about an hour and a half and the headache lasts for many hours.

These headaches are really getting to me. I want to get in shape for uni but I'm in agony after. I also wanted to work out in the morning before classes at uni but there's no way I could put up with the pain after during classes.

I keep hydrated when I work out and splash water on my face frequently but it doesn't help. The headaches are pounding, on the back of my head, and extremely painful.

Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone got any tips to deal with it?

ReputationRep:
    Do you drink water before working out? Down a glass and a half of water about 20-30 mins before starting your activity.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You probably need to eat as well.

ReputationRep:
    You're probably not eating properly. Make sure you visit your GP as well though just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You probably need to eat as well.
    How soon before?

Yesterday I ate lunch around 2pm, then went to the gym at 4pm once the food had gone down.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How soon before?

Yesterday I ate lunch around 2pm, then went to the gym at 4pm once the food had gone down.
    You need to eat after as well. Part of the reason I get migraine is if I don't enough. I've got to force myself to eat after running. Or just have milk or a shake. But much more than just water.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.