Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

This is my first post so let me introduce myself. I'm Patryk form Poland and I had a conditional offer for Aeronautical Engineering (MSc): 38 overall and 6,6,6 from HL (I'm an IB student). I was sure that I'll make it, but on the results day I was surprised: 36. It is mostly because of History SL (I have 4 instead of predicted 6) Moreover, from three subjects I miss only one mark-point to improve my grade, so my result is nearly 39, but still 36 On the other hand I have a 6 in Maths HL and 7 in Physics HL, and 6 in English HL so this part of my offer is over-satisfied.

Sorry for writing so long post, but I am very worried about my offer. Do you think I’ll be let into the course? Shall I apply for re-marking of these three subjects? Someone said, that if I apply for re-mark my grades are cancelled and I’m out of the queue until the new are released.

(EDIT) I forgot to mention that I sent 2 emails with explanations to the university: first on Wednesday morning to the email and yesterday morning to the email given in my offer. I haven't received any response yet. I tried to call them (0141 330 2999), but the number is inactive, and when I tried to call via the switchboard, noone answers.

Thanks

Patryk

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.