Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the past week, I seem to be having anxiety dreams related to results day. Obviously I'm slightly nervous, but I want to enjoy the present, plus I didn't think I was that anxious or worried. The dreams seem to consist of me going in and getting bad grades, and this having a very negative effect on friends, family and my future. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    They're not dreams.... they're nightmares!
    Honestly, you'll be fine!
    If you tried your best that's all that matters.

Been there, done that. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    They're not dreams.... they're nightmares!
    Honestly, you'll be fine!
    If you tried your best that's all that matters.

Been there, done that. x
    I hope you're right, I've tried telling myself that it isn't anything to worry about, but that's easier said than done

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, keep giving yourself plenty of stuff to do each day and be confident in your own ability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    For the past week, I seem to be having anxiety dreams related to results day. Obviously I'm slightly nervous, but I want to enjoy the present, plus I didn't think I was that anxious or worried. The dreams seem to consist of me going in and getting bad grades, and this having a very negative effect on friends, family and my future. Any advice?
    I've been having nightmares too! Soooo worried about Biology, and I want to move onto A Level stuff (preparing myself) but I don't even feel I can at the moment because I'm so worried I flopped

ReputationRep:
    I am the same as you. One minute I'm happily getting on with my day then suddenly a thought about results day crosses my mind and I get all worried and anxious. But the best thing you can do is just enjoy your summer and if you worked hard and tried your best then hope that you will get what you worked for.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fine, honestly.
    It's normal to be nervous and anxious for results day. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Hahahaha I have the same dreams... What is life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I've been having nightmares too! Soooo worried about Biology, and I want to move onto A Level stuff (preparing myself) but I don't even feel I can at the moment because I'm so worried I flopped
    Which exam board did you do? I know what you mean, A levels seem interesting but my mind is preoccupied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    I am the same as you. One minute I'm happily getting on with my day then suddenly a thought about results day crosses my mind and I get all worried and anxious. But the best thing you can do is just enjoy your summer and if you worked hard and tried your best then hope that you will get what you worked for.
    Thank you for your advice, hopefully it will all go smoothly. I'm trying my best to keep myself busy and relax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Which exam board did you do? I know what you mean, A levels seem interesting but my mind is preoccupied
    I was on AQA for Biology.

ReputationRep:
    I was on AQA for Biology.
    Oh no I was lucky and did OCR, I found those exams easy overall. I heard about some of the AQA questions- the grade boundaries will be quite low I'd have thought? I'm sure you did better than you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Oh no I was lucky and did OCR, I found those exams easy overall. I heard about some of the AQA questions- the grade boundaries will be quite low I'd have thought? I'm sure you did better than you think
    Yeah, B1 was very bad! I didn't really like B2 but it was much better, and B3 was great lol.

ReputationRep:
    You just have to try and keep yourself occupied as best you can and keep your mind from thinking about it! A lot harder than said because I know your pain. I had such anxiety about my results and it would just hit me at random points in the day and then I couldn't get it from my mind the rest of the day and it would bring my mood down. Not much to do about the nightmares I'm afraid. If you're feeling anxious try and start another activity which you have to focus on... That's the best I got, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I keep worrying about results day too, but only in the past week or so. I was not worried at all before, and now I can sometimes get really worried. As long as you have done your best you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I blame that bloody B1 paper (if you did AQA)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    I keep worrying about results day too, but only in the past week or so. I was not worried at all before, and now I can sometimes get really worried. As long as you have done your best you should be fine!
    Yup I've been the same, I remember shortly after my last exam I was feeling pretty happy overall, now it's becoming a serious worry. i'm just keeping myself busy atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    I blame that bloody B1 paper (if you did AQA)!
    Absolutely hated the B1 paper! I'm so worried about what I got, it won't be a true reflection of my ability!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.