Turn on thread page Beta

Diagnostic radiography in clearing 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I'm in a bit of a pickle having applied to Adult Nursing at various London unis firming KCL with City as my insurance; however since doing so back in December I've been researching and have changed my mind on my career path wanting to pursue Diagnostic Radiography. I've noticed the entry requirements at City are exactly the same requiring 300 UCAS points/BBB which I feel is achievable however want to know whether the fact of actually transferring/getting into the course via clearing is possible or if anyone else has done so for other unis such as St Georges or London Southbank? I'm getting quite worried as results day is fast approaching and wouldn't want to be stuck in a course such as nursing if I'm not passionate about it. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justforthelols)
    So I'm in a bit of a pickle having applied to Adult Nursing at various London unis firming KCL with City as my insurance; however since doing so back in December I've been researching and have changed my mind on my career path wanting to pursue Diagnostic Radiography. I've noticed the entry requirements at City are exactly the same requiring 300 UCAS points/BBB which I feel is achievable however want to know whether the fact of actually transferring/getting into the course via clearing is possible or if anyone else has done so for other unis such as St Georges or London Southbank? I'm getting quite worried as results day is fast approaching and wouldn't want to be stuck in a course such as nursing if I'm not passionate about it. Thanks in advance
    LSBU is in clearing for Radiography but you need to have done work experience and provide a letter from someone supervising you during that work experience. Unless you have done work exp in Radiography it may be difficult to obtain it at this late stage, but it's worth a try if you want to change. I haven't checked if St George's is in clearing but if they are, you can call them on the day and they will invite you to attend an assessment day. I was going to do this in 2014 and I didn't even have a science A level so I think they are fairly lenient, but you would need to check again about the work experience because most Radiography courses require that you have done some and can provide a letter of proof

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.