Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a conditional offer to study English and American Literature with Creative Writing on the basis I get AAB with an A in English Literature, A in Maths and B in Film studies respectively.

I fear that I will end up with ABC, where the A is in English Literature, the B in Film Studies, and the C in Maths.

Please any current or ex students, or faculty or anyone who feels they could provide a helpful input share their thoughts on what are my chances of getting accepted by UEA if I end with this set of ABC when they are asking for the AAB as described above?

Thanks to everyone

ReputationRep:
    At the applicant day they said that they'd probably accept if you were a grade or two below the entry requirements. Apparently they have a tonne of spaces open for clearing so we're pretty much in.

ReputationRep:
    UEA are always in clearing so I can't see them rejecting you over your maths grade when you want to study English cause that would just be silly and they're unlikely to fill their spaces with people with the grades on the prospectus.... Also the course you're on about isn't competitive. If I were you I would email the admissions tutor and specifically ask them whether they'll let you in if you miss the offer

ReputationRep:
    They're usually quite leniant but it depends on how subscribed the course is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.