Turn on thread page Beta

Confused with career watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well!
    Im lost. i don't know what to do career wise.

I studied law at UEL and got a 2.2. i did it because i didnt know what to do and law was a broad degree so was told i could get into anything with it. and now i graduated i have no idea what to do.

i am a creative person. i love anything to do with creativity! i know im stupid for doing law when i could have done something to do with creative related courses but i have always been told i wouldnt find jobs if i did it and i was made scared from doing it.

now i feel like a lot of doors are closed on me. i looked at some jobs and they ask for portfolio. Any creative jobs you guys can think of? i still dont know what to be but i think i want to do something with creativity. i love acting but again im scared of pursuing it. and i dont have the money to do acting courses.

ergh im lost and scared and lack confidence and have no hope. please someone help me out it would mean alot!!!

i pray all you guys are pursuing your dreams! Take care and thanks in advance for your comments!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HElaly)
    Hi guys! Hope you're all doing well!
    Im lost. i don't know what to do career wise.

I studied law at UEL and got a 2.2. i did it because i didnt know what to do and law was a broad degree so was told i could get into anything with it. and now i graduated i have no idea what to do.

i am a creative person. i love anything to do with creativity! i know im stupid for doing law when i could have done something to do with creative related courses but i have always been told i wouldnt find jobs if i did it and i was made scared from doing it.

now i feel like a lot of doors are closed on me. i looked at some jobs and they ask for portfolio. Any creative jobs you guys can think of? i still dont know what to be but i think i want to do something with creativity. i love acting but again im scared of pursuing it. and i dont have the money to do acting courses.

ergh im lost and scared and lack confidence and have no hope. please someone help me out it would mean alot!!!

i pray all you guys are pursuing your dreams! Take care and thanks in advance for your comments!
    If you happen to be an ethnic minority then you could take a look at Creative Access, but I don't know if they take people on who have already finished a degree, and like I said, you have to be from an ethnic minority background.

Best of luck!
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by HElaly)

i am a creative person. i love anything to do with creativity!

now i feel like a lot of doors are closed on me. i looked at some jobs and they ask for portfolio.
    Genuinely creative people create! if you don't have a portfolio, or can't pull one together, then I'm afraid you aren't a creative person in anything but your mind. The portfolio is exactly your access point, regardless of degree/education, that's the access point you are looking for. If someone asks for a portfolio, that's the signal they care about your creativity, not your academic background etc.

Create, then deliver a portfolio.

ReputationRep:
    if your passionate about something you should go for it.Its the 21st century anything can happen,you just have to keep looking.If you are creative it is time to start creating,you dont have to go straight into acting but you can always start taking photographs or making short films,helping to get you to get involved with your creative side,with a little money earnt on the side you could try.And who says you cant do both,if you have a law degree go find something out there to keep you occupied. In the meantime if your passionate about acting the best way is check for part-time/full-time schools you can enroll in.There are plenty of opportunities out there you just have to keep on trying you might surprise yourself!

ReputationRep:
    if your passionate about something you should go for it.Its the 21st century anything can happen,you just have to keep looking.If you are creative it is time to start creating,you do not have to go straight into acting but you can always start taking photographs or making short films,helping to get you to get involved with your creative side,with a little money earn on the side you could try.And who says you cant do both,if you have a law degree go find something out there to keep you occupied. In the meantime if your passionate about acting the best way is check for part-time/full-time schools you can enroll in.There are plenty of opportunities out there you just have to keep on trying you might surprise yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Go find a mentor in an industry that interests you i.e through LinkedIN. Someone who's had success.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.