Turn on thread page Beta

We decided not staying in contact is the best. I told him to block me but he hasn't.

He says he cares about me, but will end up blanking my messages and will never reply bk

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, the answer to this question is very easy. Most likely he just does not want to block you. I think now days everyone's things that if you for example end a relationship or you no longer want to be in contact you have to block each other. Which, to me makes little sense. If you don't want to keep in to contact you just don't communicate...

Interesting, you asked him to block you... However you still message him? If he does not reply then he may not care... It really depends. If you are really worried about him not blocking you, I hope you know that you can block him yourself.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    We decided not staying in contact is the best. I told him to block me but he hasn't.

He says he cares about me, but will end up blanking my messages and will never reply bk

ReputationRep:
    Leave him alone

ReputationRep:
    it depends how it ended, if it ended well but you just wanted to block each other to make it easier then he probably feels its just a sad, harsh way for it to end considering how you guys used to feel for each other so cant bring himself to do it, plus he'd still care and wanna help you if you needed anything, if it ended badly then im guessing he still sees hope for the future so doesnt want to jeopardise that

(Original post by Sgt.Golden)
    To be honest, the answer to this question is very easy. Most likely he just does not want to block you. I think now days everyone's things that if you for example end a relationship or you no longer want to be in contact you have to block each other. Which, to me makes little sense. If you don't want to keep in to contact you just don't communicate...

Interesting, you asked him to block you... However you still message him? If he does not reply then he may not care... It really depends. If you are really worried about him not blocking you, I hope you know that you can block him yourself.
    He's blocked me now on messenger, but not on Facebook or Insta . Should I say something or just leave it?

(Original post by JNDSAN)
    it depends how it ended, if it ended well but you just wanted to block each other to make it easier then he probably feels its just a sad, harsh way for it to end considering how you guys used to feel for each other so cant bring himself to do it, plus he'd still care and wanna help you if you needed anything, if it ended badly then im guessing he still sees hope for the future so doesnt want to jeopardise that
    Well he's blocked me on messenger , but not on Facebook or Insta. We were pretty good until he started ignoring my messages, and acted like he doesn't care. Should I msg and tell him to block me on insta or what?

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Leave him alone
    He's blocked me only on messenger

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest to just leave it. Do your best to more on and just ignore him as much as you can.

ReputationRep:
    He's blocked me now on messenger, but not on Facebook or Insta . Should I say something or just leave it?

Well he's blocked me on messenger , but not on Facebook or Insta. We were pretty good until he started ignoring my messages, and acted like he doesn't care. Should I msg and tell him to block me on insta or what?

do you actually want him to block you on everything and have no contact with him or was it just kind of a knee jerk reaction and actuallly you see some kind of a future or would at least prefer to end things amicably?

(Original post by Sgt.Golden)
    I would suggest to just leave it. Do your best to more on and just ignore him as much as you can.
    I believe you're right, he's confused, and clearly hiding emotions. When we spoke face to face he'd bring something up thay we texted about and would tease me. He does have a gf and we're never meeting up anyways

(Original post by JNDSAN)
    do you actually want him to block you on everything and have no contact with him or was it just kind of a knee jerk reaction and actuallly you see some kind of a future or would at least prefer to end things amicably?
    Tbh I hated how he ignored my msg , and how he said he cared as a mate, but never showed it. Like if I told him to unfollow he would. It's confusing , but I don't think telling him to block me was wise , I think that was childish. But I can't msg and tell him that. It seems like im desperate.

What's weird is that he's showing mixed emotions. He said 1sec I'm thinking thenthen blocked me

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I hated how he ignored my msg , and how he said he cared as a mate, but never showed it. Like if I told him to unfollow he would. It's confusing , but I don't think telling him to block me was wise , I think that was childish. But I can't msg and tell him that. It seems like im desperate.

What's weird is that he's showing mixed emotions. He said 1sec I'm thinking thenthen blocked me
    You sound desperate. Leave him alone and move on, it's for the best

(Original post by A-LJLB)
    You sound desperate. Leave him alone and move on, it's for the best
    I believe so. Just need to not get attached to anyone in the future

ReputationRep:
    I believe so. Just need to not get attached to anyone in the future
    Don't do that. Don't let him ruin the potential for finding the guy you're going to spend the rest of your life with. It will happen, just not with him

(Original post by A-LJLB)
    Don't do that. Don't let him ruin the potential for finding the guy you're going to spend the rest of your life with. It will happen, just not with him
    Yeah , but still it's for the best not to get too close. I'd msg straight away , so next time I shouldn't do that.

I've learnt that if he likes u he'll tell u. At least I've learnt wisdom

ReputationRep:
    Stop ****ing leading him on then. I have people who do this, leave him alone and let him get on with stuff he don't need you constantly badgering him if nothing is gonna come of it. What's the point of just chatting if your just gonna be mates online? Seems pretty pointless and time wasting to me
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Why don't you block him?

(Original post by neal95)
    Stop ****ing leading him on then. I have people who do this, leave him alone and let him get on with stuff he don't need you constantly badgering him if nothing is gonna come of it. What's the point of just chatting if your just gonna be mates online? Seems pretty pointless and time wasting to me
    I never said we're not ganna meet up, he did

(Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Why don't you block him?
    Cuz I'll end up unblocking and texting

ReputationRep:
    I never said we're not ganna meet up, he did
    Ah fair enough I am in the opposite scenario tbh, so much hassle I mean why can't people just be normal or play their cards straight and say what's what instead of leaving you in limbo. Wonder why he Dosent wanna meet up, it's strange for a male to say that. Usually is the women who chickens out/gets anxiety (insert other social/anxiety/hormonal) disorder here

(Original post by neal95)
    Ah fair enough I am in the opposite scenario tbh, so much hassle I mean why can't people just be normal or play their cards straight and say what's what instead of leaving you in limbo. Wonder why he Dosent wanna meet up, it's strange for a male to say that. Usually is the women who chickens out/gets anxiety (insert other social/anxiety/hormonal) disorder here
    Well he did say we'll be busy with our own lives. Then we thought it's best not to keep in touch. I told him to block cuz I can't stop myself from texting, but he only blocked me on messenger and not on insta

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.