Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Help me with boredom
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    Help me with boredom
    What non-painkiller things have you found help with your conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    What non-painkiller things have you found help with your conditions?
    The only thing other than painkillers and other drugs that have helped are distractions. If I'm given a task then it tends to help distract me from the pain, it tends to be far worse when I'm alone and bored haha
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The only thing other than painkillers and other drugs that have helped are distractions. If I'm given a task then it tends to help distract me from the pain, it tends to be far worse when I'm alone and bored haha
    Have you tried giving yourself a task? If you're struggling for ideas you could tidy my room or do my washing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Have you tried giving yourself a task? If you're struggling for ideas you could tidy my room or do my washing.
    Hahaha. I helped my grandparents out all day so that was good with managing the pain.

I'm going on holiday for a month in a week so sorting stuff out for that should help. I'm just so worried the pain will ruin the holiday for me!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hahaha. I helped my grandparents out all day so that was good with managing the pain.

I'm going on holiday for a month in a week so sorting stuff out for that should help. I'm just so worried the pain will ruin the holiday for me!
    I think worrying just makes you think about it more, so you're then going to be in more pain. Pain is complex, but there are definitely mental aspects as well as the physical aspects. Try to stop worrying about the pain but just concentrate on the fun you'll have on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I think worrying just makes you think about it more, so you're then going to be in more pain. Pain is complex, but there are definitely mental aspects as well as the physical aspects. Try to stop worrying about the pain but just concentrate on the fun you'll have on holiday.
    No I definitely agree, hence why distractions enable me to cope with it easier. I will try! Other than that, God I am excited!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No I definitely agree, hence why distractions enable me to cope with it easier. I will try! Other than that, God I am excited!
    Where are you going?

I've never been abroad, but I've told my boyfriend we're going to Paris in January.

ReputationRep:
    What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome?

I hope this isn't too silly a question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Where are you going?

I've never been abroad, but I've told my boyfriend we're going to Paris in January.
    Travelling, so South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Los Angeles and New York. Haha you tell him! I hope you do!

(Original post by nomophobia)
    What is Complex Regional Pain Syndrome?

I hope this isn't too silly a question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No it's fine! I didn't know what it was until I was diagnosed with it two days ago! It's basically where you get really severe nerve pain in a particular region, hence the name, in my case it's my right leg and foot

ReputationRep:
    Travelling, so South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Los Angeles and New York. Haha you tell him! I hope you do!

No it's fine! I didn't know what it was until I was diagnosed with it two days ago! It's basically where you get really severe nerve pain in a particular region, hence the name, in my case it's my right leg and foot
    Oh, thanks! So have you had it for a long time or is it only recently that you've had it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Oh, thanks! So have you had it for a long time or is it only recently that you've had it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I broke my leg badly two years ago, and after my third operation in February is when it started, however I only officially got it diagnosed a few days ago
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I wanted to go to Singapore but never got round to it :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I wanted to go to Singapore but never got round to it :sad:
    It's mainly a stop over between SA and Thailand as otherwise the length of flight would kill me haha. There's still time!

ReputationRep:
    It's mainly a stop over between SA and Thailand as otherwise the length of flight would kill me haha. There's still time!
    If you have enough time (and money) during your stopover, visit the swimming pool on top of Terminal 1 (airside of course )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    If you have enough time (and money) during your stopover, visit the swimming pool on top of Terminal 1 (airside of course )
    Ooo I take it it's nice?

We're there for two nights, as when planning I decided I'd quite like to look around

ReputationRep:
    Ooo I take it it's nice?

We're there for two nights, as when planning I decided I'd quite like to look around
    Singapore is where I'm from so I know the airport really well. I can't swim so I can't speak from experience, but you know what an airport is when it can offer passengers a place to dip and see the planes at the same time

ReputationRep:
    "Complex Regional Pain Syndrome"

That happens when you get kicked in the ballz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cipi)

In case you didn't read: She broke her leg two years ago and is still feeling the effects now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cipi)

Haha not as simple as that unfortunately, it's chronic pain

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.