Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi im starting in september to do adult nursing and i currently have a conditional offer, due to waiting to have a health check which isnt until the 25th of august. because of this im apparently not going to get placed for accommodation until this has been approved, meaning ill be waiting until like the week before starting uni to get placed?! wondering if anyone had any info about this!! i have my a levels already btw so it cant be that im waiting on
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by erinmcguinness)
    Hi im starting in september to do adult nursing and i currently have a conditional offer, due to waiting to have a health check which isnt until the 25th of august. because of this im apparently not going to get placed for accommodation until this has been approved, meaning ill be waiting until like the week before starting uni to get placed?! wondering if anyone had any info about this!! i have my a levels already btw so it cant be that im waiting on
    Hi Erin,

How were you informed that you would need to wait for a health check before you could be placed? Have you already applied for accommodation? Please let us know some further detail and we can try to help

Laura

ReputationRep:
    I've Been accepted its just my offer is still conditional and the only thing that could be stopping it is the health check?! I've applied for accommodation but haven't heard anything back and I'm sure it's due to my conditional offer not being unconditional yet
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I've Been accepted its just my offer is still conditional and the only thing that could be stopping it is the health check?! I've applied for accommodation but haven't heard anything back and I'm sure it's due to my conditional offer not being unconditional yet
    OK,

Don't worry, you won't be informed about your accommodation until two weeks after A-level results are released in August. It may be that your health check is preventing your offer changing to unconditional, but as you've applied for accommodation already, there will be a place for you. If you are concerned, do give our Admissions team a call on 0114 225 5555 and chat through it. They will be able to advise you in detail and explain why your offer is still 'conditional'.

Thanks,
    Laura

ReputationRep:
    But I already have my a levels so why am I waiting til after results day?? Also other people have already been given their accommodation places??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    But I already have my a levels so why am I waiting til after results day?? Also other people have already been given their accommodation places??
    Hi Erin,

I've just spoken to Accommodation for you and we had a little look against your record. You've just been changed to unconditional today so it will now take Accommodation a couple of weeks to allocate you a place, so you will hear shortly.

Apologies for the conflicting messages there. If you become unconditional, you will receive an allocation around two weeks after your status changes.

Congratulations on the offer

Thanks,
    Laura

ReputationRep:
    Thats excellent thank you so much!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.