Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This is my story - I truly hate my life and everything. I feel so useless. I just sit down in my room all day doing nothing and nobody cares. I'm on and off almost all the time and I just feel like I was born to bring bad luck to every situation. I feel like I belong nowhere, not even with my family. I feel so different from them, but in a good way. I feel like I look and act so differently from them and I want to do things they don't approve of. It will never happen, but I want what they wouldn't want to happen. They make me sick with what they do everyday and I never found it interesting. I'm just the odd one out and they don't understand. I'm all alone in this but nobody cares. I'm afraid that if now I'm so odd then what about in the future - what would happen? I'm sick of suffering in everyday life. My thoughts are all tangled and I can't fix myself no matter what. I just can't take it anymore and they can't deal with me either. What do I do?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    This is my story - I truly hate my life and everything. I feel so useless. I just sit down in my room all day doing nothing and nobody cares. I'm on and off almost all the time and I just feel like I was born to bring bad luck to every situation. I feel like I belong nowhere, not even with my family. I feel so different from them, but in a good way. I feel like I look and act so differently from them and I want to do things they don't approve of. It will never happen, but I want what they wouldn't want to happen. They make me sick with what they do everyday and I never found it interesting. I'm just the odd one out and they don't understand. I'm all alone in this but nobody cares. I'm afraid that if now I'm so odd then what about in the future - what would happen? I'm sick of suffering in everyday life. My thoughts are all tangled and I can't fix myself no matter what. I just can't take it anymore and they can't deal with me either. What do I do?
    Just to add - this isn't an everyday issue, this is a lifetime issue.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough if you feel that way. There's a lot of things in life that tries to beat us down but in this end, it's about doing what will give you the most happiness. From what I understand, you don't really value your life and you don't feel like others do either. I'd just like to say that I personally don't think this is the case. Sometimes, people have funny ways of showing their love for one another, which can be masked by other emotions, causing us to feel as if they do not think much of us.

I think by trying to have an open, forgiving heart, it'll be easier to get through such things. It won't be easy at first, and I'm not saying after you try this you'll have an easy life with happiness every second of every day. However, I like to look at the smaller parts of life that make me happy and try to focus on those. I do this often when I feel down because it tends to allow me to ignore any misery I experience for a greater period of time. I can't say I experience this for as long as you may have but I'm not talking about feeling down on random days, but more for periods of days.

I'd also recommend making sure you have a balanced lifestyle with a balanced diet and exercise. Embracing events as they arrive is a tough thing to do but if you can do this at least once, it should ve easier to do so every once in a while. Finding or indulging in your hobbies is a great path to take. Sometimes, they are days that we just don't feel like doing anything. By trying new things, we might discover activities that we find worthwhile. If we do not, at least we can say that we tried. One thing you should not do is keep your feelings bottled up. This doesn't mean you have to tell someone about how you feel (but it would be very helpful). You can do other activities that enable you to express your emotions too.

I hope none of this sounded patronising remember, you might not like your life and may feel very different and alone but as cheesy as it may sound, our differences make us who we are in society and it's up to us whether we embrace it or ignore it. We all fit into this world somehow and we are not alone
    Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Matrix123)
    Fair enough if you feel that way. There's a lot of things in life that tries to beat us down but in this end, it's about doing what will give you the most happiness. From what I understand, you don't really value your life and you don't feel like others do either. I'd just like to say that I personally don't think this is the case. Sometimes, people have funny ways of showing their love for one another, which can be masked by other emotions, causing us to feel as if they do not think much of us.

I think by trying to have an open, forgiving heart, it'll be easier to get through such things. It won't be easy at first, and I'm not saying after you try this you'll have an easy life with happiness every second of every day. However, I like to look at the smaller parts of life that make me happy and try to focus on those. I do this often when I feel down because it tends to allow me to ignore any misery I experience for a greater period of time. I can't say I experience this for as long as you may have but I'm not talking about feeling down on random days, but more for periods of days.

I'd also recommend making sure you have a balanced lifestyle with a balanced diet and exercise. Embracing events as they arrive is a tough thing to do but if you can do this at least once, it should ve easier to do so every once in a while. Finding or indulging in your hobbies is a great path to take. Sometimes, they are days that we just don't feel like doing anything. By trying new things, we might discover activities that we find worthwhile. If we do not, at least we can say that we tried. One thing you should not do is keep your feelings bottled up. This doesn't mean you have to tell someone about how you feel (but it would be very helpful). You can do other activities that enable you to express your emotions too.

I hope none of this sounded patronising remember, you might not like your life and may feel very different and alone but as cheesy as it may sound, our differences make us who we are in society and it's up to us whether we embrace it or ignore it. We all fit into this world somehow and we are not alone
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your sweet reply!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your sweet reply!
    No worries! If you ever want to PM or just talk, feel free

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Life can be a real ***** sometimes, but we are who we are and sometimes we just need to embrace that.

Certainly don't try and become someone you're not. Think about what it is you love doing, and if you're struggling there, go out and try all sorts of new things - every time you feel bored or down, pop onto the internet and see if you can find something new around you.

Go on little adventures to places you haven't been. Try new sports or activities that you may never even have heard of.

When you truly discover who you are and where you want to be, you'll be able to meet people who are the same as you or with similar qualities. Sometimes we have to forge our own way in this world, so discover yourself and then make your mark :cute:

I feel so useless.
    You can fix this ! :yep:

I just sit down in my room all day doing nothing
    Why that ? Is there something you'd like to do ?

and nobody cares.
    How do you know ? I'm sure it's not true !

I was born to bring bad luck to every situation.
    :console: no you're not

I feel like I belong nowhere,
    I know the feeling. Why do you feel that way tho ?

not even with my family. I feel so different from them
    Being different is good

but in a good way.
    See ! Something positive about you :woo: :woo:

I want to do things they don't approve of.
    Like what ?

I'm just the odd one
    "You have to be odd to be the number one"

what would happen?
    That's the tricky thing about life, who knows ?

What do I do?
    What do you want to do ?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you should go somewhere to someone, rather than asking random people on the internet for advice.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.