Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Double standard between liking rich and hating unemployed watch

ReputationRep:
    Some people blanket say they hate the unemployed because they're lazy and feckless, then a lot of these people express admiration for people earning vast sums of money for very little (e.g. Ed Sheeran).

It's just kicking the weak underneath it all (not that Ed Sheeran isn't a weak songwriter but you know what I mean). Lots of unemployed people work very hard in volunteering but can't work through disability, for example.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe its just me, but I dont hate the unemployed at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermat1324)
    Some people blanket say they hate the unemployed because they're lazy and feckless, then a lot of these people express admiration for people earning vast sums of money for very little (e.g. Ed Sheeran).

It's just kicking the weak underneath it all (not that Ed Sheeran isn't a weak songwriter but you know what I mean). Lots of unemployed people work very hard in volunteering but can't work through disability, for example.
    it has always been the case bro. The case of the poor and rich.
    A 12th century arab poet once said:
    If the rich man was to speak and lie. The masses would believe him and say those like him can never lie.
    And if the poor man was to speak truth, he would be told off and none would believe him.
    For money and coin adorn men with garments of respect and admiration.

ReputationRep:
    I fear that I am one of those people that get angry at seeing the lines build up outside the job centre. Of course I'm not talking about those that have a disability to prevent them getting a job, but instead those who didn't work hard and drain our economy through benefits. These same people claimed Immigramts were "coming over here and taking our benefits " etc etc. Yet these English born people joked their way through government (and hence tax payer) funded schools, before going on to further drain our economy by claiming benefits. In my opinion we should take away benefits for those who are able to get jobs without having a disability and increase the benefits for pensioners and the disabled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)
    I fear that I am one of those people that get angry at seeing the lines build up outside the job centre. Of course I'm not talking about those that have a disability to prevent them getting a job, but instead those who didn't work hard and drain our economy through benefits. These same people claimed Immigramts were "coming over here and taking our benefits " etc etc. Yet these English born people joked their way through government (and hence tax payer) funded schools, before going on to further drain our economy by claiming benefits. In my opinion we should take away benefits for those who are able to get jobs without having a disability and increase the benefits for pensioners and the disabled.
    It takes a lot to get a job. Not just an education

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Why-Rich-People-Work-So-Hard-And-Poor-People-Are-So-Lazy.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  77.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fermat1324)

I don't have a problem with unemployed people if they're working hard to get work, it's those who turn it into a lifestyle most people dislike

ReputationRep:
    Most unemployed don't work at all, and how "hard" are they working, do they need create an album every year that will sell millions of copies or do brain surgery? If you mean working "hard" in a physical manner, than those unemployed to should've paid more attention in school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That'sGreat)

Hear, hear, I will permit more austerity among the unemployed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    right? if they admire the rich then why dont they work harder to get rich?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.