Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    anyone studying chemical engineering at Huddersfield Uni please help me with answering two little questions
    how many days do you usually go to uni? full five days or four... etc?
    Do you think you can stay at your part time job? or is it hard to cope?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elkurdy)
    Hello guys,
    anyone studying chemical engineering at Huddersfield Uni please help me with answering two little questions
    how many days do you usually go to uni? full five days or four... etc?
    Do you think you can stay at your part time job? or is it hard to cope?
    Thanks
    Hey,

I've finished a chemistry degree at Huddersfield, so maybe able to help you?
    First year I was in 5 days a week, but it wasn't full days. (Monday I was in for an hour).
    I would keep your part time job, and see how you cope during the first term. I had a part time job during second year and found it alright, and actually picked up extra shifts.

If you have anymore questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    thanks lostox
    so how many hours a week was your time table?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elkurdy)
    thanks lostox
    so how many hours a week was your time table?
    You're welcome

I think first year was ~20 hours. 6 modules with 2 lectures, and either 1/2 4 hour long labs a week (depends on your module choice)

ReputationRep:
    im going to study chemical engineering and chemistry at Huddersfield this year, cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we're going to attend some classes together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zulaikhahshabbir)
    im going to study chemical engineering and chemistry at Huddersfield this year, cant wait!
    Hope both of you enjoy your time at Huddersfield as much as I did!

If you have any questions about the chemistry course or Huddersfield itself feel free to ask I know I had loads of questions when I was starting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.