Turn on thread page Beta

reading festival watch

ReputationRep:
    just wandering who else is going to reading festival this year. i cant wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhp)
    Ehh? Reading festival? is that some sort of bookclub?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curiosity)
    Ehh? Reading festival? is that some sort of bookclub?

you taking the piss or summit? its a bloody rock festival

ReputationRep:
    I AM!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry slightly excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhp)
    you taking the piss or summit? its a bloody rock festival
    Yeah, just ****ing with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhp)
    I was thinking about going, but it is a matter of getting up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I was thinking about going, but it is a matter of getting up there.
    u gotta go - will b a-m-a-z-i-n-g

ReputationRep:
    I'm going.

When do they send out the tickets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    u gotta go - will b a-m-a-z-i-n-g
    and I might even see you up there. If I can get a ticket then I will try to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiyakat)
    I'm going.

When do they send out the tickets?
    I went last year and it came about 3 weeks before it

ReputationRep:
    Im going

ReputationRep:
    Am going to the (much better) Leeds fest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by capslock)
    Am going to the (much better) Leeds fest
    no no...no no

reading is the 'original'

although, didn't leeds have a ferris wheel?

ReputationRep:
    Going to Leeds but just for the Sunday. I'm away for the Friday and Sat which is annoying but I'll be rocking (and I'll be freshly washed unlike many people who will have been there for three days). Sunday seems to be the best day in my opinion - Libertines, Franz, White Stripes, Morrissey, Ordinary Boys, Har Mar Superstar (Hell YEAH!), Bloc Party etc. It'll just be hard to decide who to see, when!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlord)
    I went last year and it came about 3 weeks before it
    Ah right thank you! I'm new to this festival malarkey - what do you recommend taking with you? Is if safe to leave non-valuables in your tent during the day? Are the toilets really as bad as rumoured? And how muddy/smelly does everyone get?

I know, I know, I'm such a girl .

ReputationRep:
    Ah right thank you! I'm new to this festival malarkey - what do you recommend taking with you? Is if safe to leave non-valuables in your tent during the day? Are the toilets really as bad as rumoured? And how muddy/smelly does everyone get?

It doesnt get smelly, if it rains, then obviously youll get muddy, if it doesnt, you just get dusty.

Yes, the toilets are awful. Realisitically you cant possibily use them..just have to squat in the bushes Im afraid..

Is it safe to leave non-valuables? Hmmm, I dont know really, none of my mates or I got anything stolen, most people arent interested in bottles of water/clothes that you have with you...but then again I think we kinda had 1 person in our little camping area at all times when we were there so that might of deterred people?

ReputationRep:

nah your not im the same

1) take wet wipes, plastic binliners (make good wellies with duck tape), a torch, a washing up bowl (to put water in so you can wash your face, brush teeth etc at your tent), lots of socks, wellys, food, water (its really expensive)

2) you can leave valuable sbut its never safe. best advice is to make sure your tent is messy as possible - spread everything out so it looks a tip and dont hide things in the bottom of your sleeping bag or in your rucksak - these are easily just grabbed from your tent.

3)ive only been to glasto (this yr and last yr) and reading for a day last year. i was surprised at how good the toilets were at reading but it was only a day ticket for friday and it was in the grounds...ive herd they are quite bad. best advice, is to go mid morning/afternoon and NOT at night time!! if they are anything like glastonbury...well yeh, you dont go in after nine. always carry wet wipes or toilet paper if you cant squat and dont wanna sit on a dirty seat...take toilet paper

youll be surprised how quickly you adapt to the dirt!!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you joking? I went in one of the toilets just to check it out and you can practically see the diseases jump at you..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Are you joking? I went in one of the toilets just to check it out and you can practically see the diseases jump at you..
    nah seriosuly...i went to a toilet at glasto at 3 in the morning, and it had poo piled up all around the seat - nothing can ever compare to that and since then ive learnt not to go at night time.
    reading was really clean when i went! maybe its cus its a girls toilet??

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.