Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone start uni at 23? I'm so nervous as I feel so old compared to everyone else, is it any different?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    There are lots of freshers in their early to mid 20s in the Mature Students forum!

ReputationRep:
    You will probably not even be able to tell the difference - most of your classmates will assume you are their age unless you mention it.Don't worry

ReputationRep:
    I was 22 nearly 23 when I started. Literally made no difference, if you're willing to make friends with people slightly younger than you and still up for the odd night out and not too set in your ways people won't even notice. In fact the only people who knew I was older are the ones I told.*

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting this year and I will be turning 24 in December I too feel really old compared to most other students I know just starting!

ReputationRep:
    One of my closest friends started uni at 23. He actually graduated this year, but because he was more focused and had experience in the real world, got a part-time job, did all his work on time and is now happily engaged!

Didn`t stop him making friends or enjoying student life though, no-one even knew his age, just thought he was very tall lol

ReputationRep:
    You will do just fine, all of you. I promise you. I have grandchildren your ages.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, do behave! I'm 33 and I'm off to do Software Engineering. Am I nervous? Sure but it's better than being stuck doing menial work like the sort I've been doing for the last 15 years.

ReputationRep:
    Behave! I am 71 and doing my law degree

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.