Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How could I get a scholarship to go to malgdalen college school for 6th form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    how do you want to go to one of the best collages in London whilst not even using your own logic check their website and it will be detailed on their page as I have already checked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris2791)
    how do you want to go to one of the best collages in London whilst not even using your own logic check their website and it will be detailed on their page as I have already checked
    so could you tell me then?

ReputationRep:
    Firstly it's Magdalen.
    Secondly you sit the entrance exam and pray you do well, they dont hand them out to any old person.

(Original post by chris2791)

It's in Oxford...

ReputationRep:
    You can't Magdalen doesn't give full scholarships. You only get £300 reduction from the overall fees, although you could try for a scholarship.

I had three interviews for sixth form in November. The minimum entry requirement for all applicants is 6A*s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BULL14)
    You can't Magdalen doesn't give full scholarships. You only get £300 reduction from the overall fees, although you could try for a bursary.

I had three interviews for sixth form in November. The minimum entry requirement for all applicants is 6A*s
    It is a fantastic school, but at the same time very demanding

ReputationRep:
    You can't Magdalen doesn't give full scholarships. You only get £300 reduction from the overall fees, although you could try for a scholarship.

i reckon i an get more than 6A*s, how were the interveiws was it hard and how come you didnt go magdalen since you got offered to go there

ReputationRep:
    i reckon i an get more than 6A*s, how were the interveiws was it hard and how come you didnt go magdalen since you got offered to go there
    The interviews were fun. I personally had a biochemistry one, two general ones -focusing on your future careers paths/unis and extra-curriculars. However, the verbal reasoning was damn difficult; very difficult. To answer your question I am currently in yr11 - just finished GCSEs. What year are you in? Do you go to school in Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    The interviews were fun. I personally had a biochemistry one, two general ones -focusing on your future careers paths/unis and extra-curriculars. However, the verbal reasoning was damn difficult; very difficult. To answer your question I am currently in yr11 - just finished GCSEs. What year are you in? Do you go to school in Oxford?
    im in year 10 and yes I do. So will you be going to madlegen college then?

You mean Magdalen? Unless you're an intellectual genius you can't. Alternatively the best way is to go through the musical instrument scholarship, but you could always MCS in Brackley if Oxford's attempt fails.

ReputationRep:
    im in year 10 and yes I do. So will you be going to madlegen college then?
    No, because I also currently attend a very good school in oxford. Are you already in the private sector?Also what year?

ReputationRep:
    No, because I also currently attend a very good school in oxford. Are you already in the private sector?Also what year?
    but isn't magdeln a better school than the one you already go to? no im not and like i said im in year 10

ReputationRep:
    but isn't magdeln a better school than the one you already go to? no im not and like i said im in year 10
    No - it isn't

ReputationRep:
    No - it isn't
    no? i assume you must got to a private school then>

ReputationRep:
    Work a lot, make sure you make it clear that you wanna go to Oxbridge, and hope for the best.

There are other Oxfordshire private schools that offer scholarships and are near Magdalen's level academically if you don't make it, most of which have application deadlines of November/December for the sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Work a lot, make sure you make it clear that you wanna go to Oxbridge, and hope for the best.

There are other Oxfordshire private schools that offer scholarships and are near Magdalen's level academically if you don't make it, most of which have application deadlines of November/December for the sixth form.
    so would i just need to get as many A*'s as possible and then apply for the private schools?

ReputationRep:
    so would i just need to get as many A*'s as possible and then apply for the private schools?
    Since the deadline for applying is in autumn of the year that you will be sitting GCSEs, you will only be able to provide predictions at most. If they make you an 'offer', that will be in the springtime before you sit your exams.

ReputationRep:
    Since the deadline for applying is in autumn of the year that you will be sitting GCSEs, you will only be able to provide predictions at most. If they make you an 'offer', that will be in the springtime before you sit your exams.
    yes i know but for 6th form obviously

ReputationRep:

Do you attend MCS?

ReputationRep:
    Do you attend MCS?
    PMed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.