Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What to write in a thank you card to teacher and when should I give it. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have her next year is well and I don't know what to write in it. I want it to be short but personal because I'm going to write a long one next year. Any suggestions?? Also, when should I give it?? I don't think I should give it on the last day because she probably wants to get out of school as soon as possible. I will see her on the last day, I have a lesson with her. I don't think I should give it after class because I want to start a conversation with her and she has another class the lesson after. I want to give it a week before we break up at lunch or something. Is that okay? Thank you for any answers. I really appreciate it. 💕

ReputationRep:
    firstly, do you really need to give her one this year. If you're sure you have her next year, i'd wait until the end of next year (its what I did with 2 teachers of mine, who taught me for 3/4 years, One big gift at the end was nice in my opinion).

Other than that, you could write something short and sweet. Maybe add in a quote and a joke relating to something she has taught you over the past year.

If you can, try and catch her during a free period of hers, so that you dont disturb her schedule You could also see if you can talk to her in the morning before school starts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelefi)
    firstly, do you really need to give her one this year. If you're sure you have her next year, i'd wait until the end of next year (its what I did with 2 teachers of mine, who taught me for 3/4 years, One big gift at the end was nice in my opinion).

Other than that, you could write something short and sweet. Maybe add in a quote and a joke relating to something she has taught you over the past year.

If you can, try and catch her during a free period of hers, so that you dont disturb her schedule You could also see if you can talk to her in the morning before school starts?
    Okay thank you! I want to give her one this year because she has helped me lots but now you said don't give it too her I won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosiemartin125)
    Okay thank you! I want to give her one this year because she has helped me lots but now you said don't give it too her I won't.
    If you want to show appreciation for her this year, then go with a good old fashion box of chocolates. Its not permanent (which is good, you want your final present to be something permanent which she will always remember) and its a nice gesture.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.