Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How to spend student bursaries at college? How did you spend it and on what?

ReputationRep:
    Don't be in a rush to spend it.

So many people have such an unhealthy/ irresponsible relationship with money, and as soon as whiff of money passes them by it's "spend, spend, spend". Not saying this is you, but I see it all too often.

I'd say first work out what you need to spend money on (need, not want). And from there figure out how much money you will have left over. Them decide what you want to do with it. Do you want to save for a rainy day? Like if you want to go on holiday one day? Save in case of emergency/ emergency fund (if an unexpected expense comes up). Or do you just want to spend it on fun things? Or a mix of all?

Just think about it carefully and make sure you're 100% on your decisions and don't just spend money for the sake of it/ just because it's there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Don't be in a rush to spend it.

So many people have such an unhealthy/ irresponsible relationship with money, and as soon as whiff of money passes them by it's "spend, spend, spend". Not saying this is you, but I see it all too often.

I'd say first work out what you need to spend money on (need, not want). And from there figure out how much money you will have left over. Them decide what you want to do with it. Do you want to save for a rainy day? Like if you want to go on holiday one day? Save in case of emergency/ emergency fund (if an unexpected expense comes up). Or do you just want to spend it on fun things? Or a mix of all?

Just think about it carefully and make sure you're 100% on your decisions and don't just spend money for the sake of it/ just because it's there.
    Tysm and btw do you get paid weekly or monthly and how much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluesunboy)
    Tysm and btw do you get paid weekly or monthly and how much
    I'm a uni student so get paid by student finance in September, January and April.

Any other odd jobs or work I do in between payments depends completely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.