Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, in September I am going to be studying sport and exercise science. However, As I am from Lincoln I am going to be living at home throughout my studies. By doing this I am aware that I may not be able to get the 'full' university experience but I want to ensure that I can get involved as much as possible? Is anyone else going to Lincoln staying at home and does anyone have any advice on what I should do in terms of 'getting involved in the uni' ? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by LlewysG)
    Hello everyone, in September I am going to be studying sport and exercise science. However, As I am from Lincoln I am going to be living at home throughout my studies. By doing this I am aware that I may not be able to get the 'full' university experience but I want to ensure that I can get involved as much as possible? Is anyone else going to Lincoln staying at home and does anyone have any advice on what I should do in terms of 'getting involved in the uni' ? Thanks
    Hi there,

I studied at UoL and had friends who did the same thing. There are lots of obvious benefits to staying in halls etc. however, it never had a significant impact on their experience. Everyone is different though, but as long as you're open to making friends you should be fine.

Darren

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.