The Student Room Group

idkk what to choose?!?!

basically i wanted to ask if it would be a good idea to go to medical school after you do A-levels orr what i was thinking was to do a course like biomedical science first and then after graduating, apply for medical school? but idk which ones the better option? :/// any advice/ideas??
Original post by Mahnooraltaf
basically i wanted to ask if it would be a good idea to go to medical school after you do A-levels orr what i was thinking was to do a course like biomedical science first and then after graduating, apply for medical school? but idk which ones the better option? :/// any advice/ideas??

What do you think?

One option involves going straight to medical school. The other involves applying via a more competitive route, taking on more student debt, and having to do a degree you're presumably not interested in. So you tell me...
Reply 2
Original post by Democracy
What do you think?

One option involves going straight to medical school. The other involves applying via a more competitive route, taking on more student debt, and having to do a degree you're presumably not interested in. So you tell me...

no its cus i want to go medical school after doing my a-levels butt the grade boundaries are so high and i don't think i'm ready yet idk ygm..
Original post by Mahnooraltaf
no its cus i want to go medical school after doing my a-levels butt the grade boundaries are so high and i don't think i'm ready yet idk ygm..

If you don't have the right grades, then graduate entry might be your best option. But if you do, it would be silly to deliberately do another degree first.

What makes you think you're not ready?
Reply 4
Original post by Democracy
If you don't have the right grades, then graduate entry might be your best option. But if you do, it would be silly to deliberately do another degree first.

What makes you think you're not ready?

yeah i don't think my predicted grades are gonna be the highest so that's why i don't want to apply straight to medical school just yet.
The reason why i don't think i'm ready just yet is cus, i feel like it's gonna be too much and i wouldn't be able to handle it idk :/// what do you think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending