The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fbegum1
Location - London
Course - pharmacy
Where - kcl, reading, Kent (Medway), Portsmouth, and Brighton
As grades/subjects - psychology (A), Biology (C), Maths (C), chemistry (C)
A2 predictions : A*BB (dropped maths)
Offers : sending application this week

YOU'RE APPLYING TO 3 OF THE SAME UNIS AS ME!! Brighton, Portsmouth and Reading :smile:
Original post by SabbyCat
Name: Ain't posting no name here, don't want people who might know me to see my rotten grades! :wink:

Where: South of England

Course: English Language and English Literature BA

Where: Reading, Westminster, Portsmouth, Brighton, and Oxford Brookes

AS grades: BCC

A2 grades: have finished my A Levels last year so these are actual yay! BBCC

Offers: None yet, only sent it off yesterday, already sick with nerves though.

Good luck!! I feel the same, been refreshing my emails every 5 minutes and I shouldn't because they have until may to reply!! :frown:
Original post by amykate06
Good luck!! I feel the same, been refreshing my emails every 5 minutes and I shouldn't because they have until may to reply!! :frown:

Exactly, glad someone is the same as me.. keeping my email account and Track open on my laptop, refreshing every few mins XD Where are you applying?
Exactly, glad someone is the same as me.. keeping my email account and Track open on my laptop, refreshing every few mins XD Where are you applying?

Haha it's so frustrating having to wait!! I've applied to Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bath Spa and Sheffield Hallam. Got an offer from Bath and just acknowledgement emails from the others so far but I only sent it on Tuesday! What about you?
Haha it's so frustrating having to wait!! I've applied to Leeds, Liverpool, Cardiff, Bath Spa and Sheffield Hallam. Got an offer from Bath and just acknowledgement emails from the others so far but I only sent it on Tuesday! What about you?

I live really near Bath, best city ever!

I literally just this minute found that Westminster have given me an unconditional offer for English!!!!! My first offer, so happy!!! My other unis are Reading, Portsmouth, Brighton, and Oxford Brookes.

BY THE WAY EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS THREAD, I DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL WHEN I GOT MY OFFER SO EVERYONE KEEP CHECKING TRACK! :smile:
I live really near Bath, best city ever!

I literally just this minute found that Westminster have given me an unconditional offer for English!!!!! My first offer, so happy!!! My other unis are Reading, Portsmouth, Brighton, and Oxford Brookes.

BY THE WAY EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS THREAD, I DIDN'T GET AN EMAIL WHEN I GOT MY OFFER SO EVERYONE KEEP CHECKING TRACK! :smile:

I know, it's so lovely!! Wow well done!! I'm applying for English too :smile:
I know, it's so lovely!! Wow well done!! I'm applying for English too :smile:

Ooh yay, what kind? I'm doing Lang and Lit joint. :smile: thank so much btw!
Ooh yay, what kind? I'm doing Lang and Lit joint. :smile: thank so much btw!

Literature (literature and comparative literature at Leeds). You're welcome!! Hopefully the other offers won't be too long 😊
Original post by wolfmoon88
What's your definition of a not good SAT score? because my school's definition is extremely skewed... if we don't have a 1400+ it's basically a bad score.

Well, I heard the average is 1000. I havent taken it yet. But I thinka good score would be a 1400 too.It really depends on how difficult the actual test is. My opinion will probably change once I take it.
Original post by Day_dreamer4life
Well, I heard the average is 1000. I havent taken it yet. But I thinka good score would be a 1400 too.It really depends on how difficult the actual test is. My opinion will probably change once I take it.

Depends, when I took it, the reading section was incredibly hard and the other sections were ok...

Take some mocks, it helps to a certain extent :tongue:
Literature (literature and comparative literature at Leeds). You're welcome!! Hopefully the other offers won't be too long 😊

I looked at that course originally, comparative sounds so cool. Good luck!!
I looked at that course originally, comparative sounds so cool. Good luck!!

Thank you!! You too:smile:
Course: Biological Science/ BiomedicalScience
Universities: Oxford (Biological), QMUL, Queen's, Warwick and Manchester (all Biomed)
GCSE grades: 1A* 8A's and 2B's
AS grades (predicted/achieved): ABBB (Biology, Maths, Law, Psychology)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): A*AAA (Biology, Maths, Law, EPQ)
Extra curricular/Other: Work at Sports Direct, 2nd Dan Taekwondo, 2Weeks Work Experience, Scout Young Leader, DofE bronze, NCS
Offers: Manchester AAA, QMUL AAB, Queen's AAB, Warwick ABB
(edited 7 years ago)
Is anybody here looking to do English Literature and History (joint honours - QV31) at Roehampton? Do they know if it's still running?
Has anyone applied to do Bsc Geography? I loved DURHAM, Nottingham and Manchester but all asking for high grades. Not sure who is offering lower grades. My gcse were ok 10 A* 1 A. As AAAB And predicted AAA but not feeling confident right now. Not put in application as unsure where would give me a safe offer. Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply 675
Course: Economics and Finance (or close equivalent)

Universities: Birmingham, Manchester, Exeter, Newcastle, City

AS: ABB

A2 Predicted: AAA

GCSE: 2A* 9A 1B

Offers: Application sent 10/11, Manchester AAB on 11/11
Course: computer science
Universities: KCL, QMUL, Royal Holloway, City and Goldsmiths
AS grades achieved: ABC
A2 grades (achieved): A (Arabic)
A2 predicted not including achieved: AB (product design and maths)
Offers: Royal Holloway (BB) Goldsmiths (BB) City (AB)
Pending: KCL and QMUL
Original post by Shadow Realm
Course: computer science
Universities: KCL, QMUL, Royal Holloway, City and Goldsmiths
AS grades achieved: ABC
A2 grades (achieved): A (Arabic)
A2 predicted not including achieved: AB (product design and maths)
Offers: Royal Holloway (BB) Goldsmiths (BB) City (AB)
Pending: KCL and QMUL

Woah we are applying to three of the same universites :colone:
Original post by Shaaayxp
Woah we are applying to three of the same universites :colone:

nice what ones, any offers yet.
Original post by Shadow Realm
nice what ones, any offers yet.

I got an offer for royal holloway, goldsmiths and king's for psychology :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending