The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isadore
Hi All,

I sent my application in the day after applications opened. I haven't heard anything as yet and this Wednesday will be three weeks to the day, fingers are crossed!!! Good luck with your applications and I will update the thread if and when I have news!!!!

Have you checked UCAS track? You should get a notification on there saying the university has received your application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Hi Jake,

I received an email confirmation that my application had been successfully received and that I would receive an email after my application had been reviewed to let me know the outcome. It stated that this email would arrive within three weeks.
Reply 102
Sorry, I've not checked UCAS, didn't receive information or log in details, but as the email stated that I would receive an email informing me of the outcome I never thought to investigate further
Name: Tilly
Course: Fine art
Where? Not sure yet!! Maybe Glasgow School of Art, UAL, UCL, Leeds, Loughborough, Lancaster... who knows!
AS grades+Subjects: ABCC in Art, English Literature, Music and French
A2 Predicted/Achieved: Already done my A-Levels, I got ABB in Art, English Literature and Music
Offers? None yet, I haven't applied!
Name: Catherine
Course: Economics and Finance
Where? Leeds, Loughborough, Surrey, Bristol, Sussex
AS grades+Subjects: AACC in Maths, Business Studies, German and Textiles (waiting on remark for textiles)
A2 Predicted/Achieved: Predicted AAA in Maths, Business Studies and German
Hi everyone! Has anyone applied to uni this year and received offers yet? I'm sending my application tomorrow so curious as to how it's going for everyone else :smile:
Your sending your application tomorrow???? Most people in my school including me havent even wrote our personal statements yet..:K:
Original post by MimLovesMemes
Your sending your application tomorrow???? Most people in my school including me havent even wrote our personal statements yet..:K:

Deadlines on Jan 15th, unless you're doing med/dentistry etc...
Original post by Ze Witcher
Deadlines on Jan 15th, unless you're doing med/dentistry etc...

So how far is everyone with theirs

15th October
Reply 110

sent mine off last week, but have been told not to expect any responses for a while because like someone said before, the deadline is january

I know I've done mine early because I'm generally inpatient with these kinds of things haha, just can't wait to go to uni already!
Original post by bonjourhill
I know I've done mine early because I'm generally inpatient with these kinds of things haha, just can't wait to go to uni already!

oh haha lol. Don't they start reading and giving offers after the deadline date?
oh haha lol. Don't they start reading and giving offers after the deadline date?

Well I emailed one of the admissions officers in one on my uni choices and she said they deal with applications as they are submitted to them so that's good!
Original post by bonjourhill
Well I emailed one of the admissions officers in one on my uni choices and she said they deal with applications as they are submitted to them so that's good!

oh okay but do they not give offers after the deadline date as it would be unfair to those who apply later?
Reply 115

That is not true for some unis! Last year some of my friends received their offers within a or two days after they sent their UCAS off.
If they wait until January to give offers, should I just wait until then to apply my personal statement and everything is done and I was going to sent it off next week after having it doubled checked. Is there any point in applying now or shall I wait until December time
Original post by lemonandlime1
If they wait until January to give offers, should I just wait until then to apply my personal statement and everything is done and I was going to sent it off next week after having it doubled checked. Is there any point in applying now or shall I wait until December time

As long as everything is done and you're happy with it, I'd send it now rather than later as it shows you're enthusiastic for the course
Original post by lemonandlime1

Most universities give out offers as they receive the applications. The January deadline simply means that your application is guaranteed equal consideration as long as it is received before that date.
Sent mine off on September 6th. I want to do LLB Law. I just wanted to get it off my table so that I can focus on studying. I got a response from Sheffield to say that they were considering my application after one week and a week later again, I received a similar email from Liverpool (also given student l.d#)

Quick Reply

Latest