Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So for the last year i studied at mmu uni. Down in chesire, i was placed in halls with 6 other people id never met. Which was scary buy hey ho thats life. Within 20 minutes of being there my first flatmate asked me if i did coke (he didnt mean the tasty pop). Which worried me, ive been around drugs before but honestly his openess was shocking. Especially with his dad sat behind him. So i carried on and just hoped the rest were like me, up for a goodtime as long as my nose was left out of it.

The rest of them turned up and for the first week (it being freshers and all) it was ok..i had a few beers and got to know them. I clikced quite well with the girls and one of the lads who was quiet and responsible and a little older then the rest of us. However the drug use spiralled quickly, within two weeks we had regular dealer visits to out flat with the latch on the door broken off so that people could access what became known as the party flat more easily. 4 of my flatmates regulary (i mean every 4-6 hours) would light a spliff in the kitchen and stink the flat out. Nearly every night they were high on cocaine mdma weed and a bunch of stuff i had never heard of before (despite having a drug dealer as a close relation) this worried me quite a bit. As the amount of people increased and the drugs did too so did the aggression. My flat was fairly smashed up and it started to cost me a lot in paying for damage random drug users from around town (non uni students aswell) were causing to my flat. By mid term i had called the security well over 16 times. Which may seem over the top. But when you wake up to someone snorting coke in your bathroom after urinating on your floor and breaking your door in it kinds pushes you over the edge, security would deal with the situation slightly by literally telling them off and leaving it. 3 of my flat mates had been in hospital by the end of the year for drug related incidents (one was hit by a car whilst on mdma not sure if it was related to the drugs or hes just blind) so i carried on reporting and i requested through RAs and the support officers that they be dealt with, i figured since they did hard drugs and had never ( i mean this literally) attended a single lesson they would be thrown out by the collar or handing over to the police (im not sure if possesion of these drugs is still a crime but im certain dealing.coke out of your flat is). However nothing happened and they have gone on happy as larry stealing my food and ruining my first year at uni to the point im dreading going back. I barely slept at all and the 3 of us that didnt likr this behaviour bought noise canceling headphones and extra locks for our doors (seriously give someone coke and they party for days on end)

Im just wondering what the hell do i do? Im going back in september and have chosen a flat with two friends. Meaning theres 3 of us in 7 im good with. Im worried that the other 4 will again be drug users to the same degree and i wont pass my education because im kept up all night by a bunch of people whos favourite phrase is (i kid you not) lets get ketty tonight. It seems unis literally dont care about this and we even had one of the younger security staff buying weed out of our flat. Any advice? Other then move uni as its not an option trust me i tried and i cant afford to live out of uni accomadation as i get bursery to help me pay for it. But im paying 15 grand a year for stress. Do i report them directly to the police next time, i know one of them gained a criminal record by headbutting a police officer in the second week shouting oink oink.

Did anyone else go through this hell and does anyone know why they simply dont care?

Also, i figure im gonna get a few people saying this is false. However im pretty sure i have photos on the flat chat that i put of a guy doing coke in my bathroom at 3 am. I also have photos of six days old food rotting in my sink and a kitchen full of weed coke and whatever pills were on offer. So dont bother.

Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    For some reason when reading the title I was certain it was gonna be in mmu cheshire. And suddenly I'm pretty scared of going there in september...

ReputationRep:
    Yep sorry buddy. I think there is a new security company coming in with tougher rules but even so i dont see much changing. Honestly some of the people are awesome ive made great friends and grown as a person. But this was unacceptable. What course/ year you going in for? And do you know what halls your in yet?

ReputationRep:
    First year in popular music and I think I'm in goostrey ( not sure as I cant make mych sense out of the room number they sent me)
    I have generally heard awful things about crewe but I didnt know the halls were so bad.

ReputationRep:
    I would of lit these ****ers up! ACTUAL ****ING COKE oh lorddd

ReputationRep:
    I know teenagers are wild (being an old lad that I am) but I don't expect them to be THAT wild especially in a plain sight like that. Do you know whether the other flats nearby has the same horrendous chaos happening around? i'm so sorry you have to go through this but perhaps next time you could call the police. To make it more serious, go to the academic department and explain your situation. Bring along your evidences. If they still wouldn't care, if I were you I'd write a blog/facebook post and spread it viral :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm that's OTT. This is their life? I've never ever taken a drug, smoked and never not enjoyed myself. These cretins need it to be bigger morons they are without it I bet.

I'm not a sheep, these are it is blatantly clear. Smashing things up, how ****ing childish. Call the Police but be warned they may turn on you (not the police) but if it stops them it's worth it, surely.

Record it or keep your door bolted etc and let them get on with it.

:dontknow:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.