Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does he p155 anyone else off with his anti-science pro-quack-medicine crusades?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed he does. I don't think he or the rest of the monarchy have any right to make unfounded attacks on academia, especially when all he and queen do is sit and eat potatoes all day. Down with the monarchy - is that treason?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I don't care tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    does he p155 anyone else off with his anti-science pro-quack-medicine crusades?
    Yeah, he pisses me off immensely.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people even bother to listen to him. What scientific qualifications does he have? He's a complete muppet.

I remember when we went to a Nottingham Uni Physics open day sometime last year, the professor who gave the lecture spent about 10 minutes telling us what we would study if we went there, and 20 minutes ranting about how stupid Charlie was.

ReputationRep:
    Prince Charles studied NatSci at Cambridge I think. Although he only got in because of his family by all accounts.

ReputationRep:
    It was english literature I think. He really is completely undeserving of that as well. Got a 2:2 and his bodyguards, who all had to take the course as well, all got higher degrees than him.

ReputationRep:
    Both wrong, he started with Archaeology and Anthropology, then changed to History (from this).

ReputationRep:
    Prince Charlie studied History at Trinity College.

ReputationRep:
    Hes an inbread tosser (pardon my french). I don't give a damn what he says really. Any one who is anti-science can go and live in a cave without the technology tha science has created.

ReputationRep:
    I liked the letter he got from a scientist though, "with respect, Charlie, you know as much about science as a upturned tortoise. We, on the other hand, have over 40 years experience, so in future stick with opening new branches of Waitrose"

Or words to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the British Royal Family isn't known for producing great intellects...at least not recently. Charles is no exception...it's a shame the "proper" subjects for them to study are Arts subjects...they might be a bit more liberal if they took some interest in science (at least William was sensible, he did Biology).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Well, the British Royal Family isn't known for producing great intellects...at least not recently. Charles is no exception...it's a shame the "proper" subjects for them to study are Arts subjects...they might be a bit more liberal if they took some interest in science (at least William was sensible, he did Biology).
    Nothing wrong with not studying science, if you're not interested in it (doesn't matter who you are).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Nothing wrong with not studying science, if you're not interested in it (doesn't matter who you are).
    Course...but most royal families are too biased towards subjects like history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    Course...but most royal families are too biased towards subjects like history.
    wouldnt they be? wouldnt you be interested in the story of your family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    wouldnt they be? wouldnt you be interested in the story of your family?
    Yes, but not just that. But the royals and I don't exactly see eye-to-eye on most things.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.